Guitar Rig 7 Upgrade does not start

Options
Gitjoerg
Gitjoerg Member Posts: 4 Member

I installed Guitar Rig7 as an upgrade to Guitar Rig 6. After first installation in 2/2024 it worked.

Now it doesn't start anymore . I have installed Windows10 Pro 22H2, Build 19045.4170.

I tried several activities to solve:

o Delete HKEY_CURRNT_USER>Software>Native Instruments> Guitar RIG7 in the registry

o reinitialization of database by deleteing Guitar Rig 7 Folder within appdata

o reinstall Guitar Rig7

Nothing solved the problem.

Does anyone suffers from the same and/or anyone has a soltuin?

Many Thanks in advance.

Guitjoerg

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,843 mod
    edited March 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much for the information.

I am not completely sure because looking up specifications can be difficult to understand and sometimes the same graphics adapter has been seen in more models using different models of NVidia chips !

However in this case then immediately I am leaning towards a too poor graphics adapter. Not sure though and I can not guarantee that it will solve your problem but it is my guess !.

Guitar Rig 7 requires : Graphics hardware support for Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_1) or higher

Your graphics card Geforce GT710 on this page says : DirectX 12 (11_0) and you will find the same numbers on the Wikipedia page in column for DirectX !

This is a bit difficult to understand for common users , but even while that it says DirectX 12 then the actual Feature Level shown in the parenthesis is only 11_0 rather than the 11_1 that it needs to be ! Again , this is a best guess at what is the cause to the problem here !

I did an assessment a month back with respect to a graphics card replacement suggestion, I don't know if it has your interest or how valid it still is but here is the link !

P.S.

Quote : "when buying new N.I. Software"

Always check product specifications prior to buying anything !

Answers

• PoorFellow
    Options

Quote : "Now it doesn't start anymore"

Does GR7 crash or just not open ? Are there any error messages ? Have you by any chance installed new things lately of do you have things running that could disturb the GR7 ?

What is your graphics adapter ? Have you tried updating drivers or reverting to latest download from manufacturers site ?

• Gitjoerg
    Gitjoerg Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hello PoorFellow, many thanks for your response.

1. GR7 does not crash, but does not open. When I start even with administrator rights 2 or 3times this blue action ring turns, but after that nothing happens.
    2. I happen to read out a dump file which tells: Failure_bucket_ID: Invalid_Pointer_Read_c0000005_Guitar_Rig_7.exe!Unknown
    3. My graphics adapter is a Geforce GT710 (which is I admit an older Model) The driver date is 2020.31.12.
    4. This machine is only for Native Instrument purposes. GR6 runs quite well. New Installed software is only Windows Update, so I only use Internet to occasionally check for new N.I. Updates and when buying new N.I. Software.
    5. When you talk of things running that could disturb GR7, is there anything specific you think of?
    6. Greetings Gitjoerg
  • PoorFellow
    edited March 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much for the information.

I am not completely sure because looking up specifications can be difficult to understand and sometimes the same graphics adapter has been seen in more models using different models of NVidia chips !

However in this case then immediately I am leaning towards a too poor graphics adapter. Not sure though and I can not guarantee that it will solve your problem but it is my guess !.

Guitar Rig 7 requires : Graphics hardware support for Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_1) or higher

Your graphics card Geforce GT710 on this page says : DirectX 12 (11_0) and you will find the same numbers on the Wikipedia page in column for DirectX !

This is a bit difficult to understand for common users , but even while that it says DirectX 12 then the actual Feature Level shown in the parenthesis is only 11_0 rather than the 11_1 that it needs to be ! Again , this is a best guess at what is the cause to the problem here !

I did an assessment a month back with respect to a graphics card replacement suggestion, I don't know if it has your interest or how valid it still is but here is the link !

P.S.

Quote : "when buying new N.I. Software"

Always check product specifications prior to buying anything !

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 952 Guru
    Options
    1. "My graphics adapter is a Geforce GT710 (which is I admit an older Model) The driver date is 2020.31.12."

Concur with Poorfellow.

GR7 requires VERY current graphics to display the UI etc. Fix this and all should be good.

VP