MK3 (S61) velocity-curve

Options
McClaneonfire
McClaneonfire Member Posts: 148 Member

Hello everyone,

please change the velocity behaviour of the (S61) MK3!

I have to almost hammer on the keys in linear mode and still at Soft 3 it could be better.

With instruments like Monark it does not really matter.

But with Electric Keys or several Pianos it should be way easier to play.

Tagged:

Comments

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,276 mod
    Options

You can adjust the velocity curve for the Electric Keys pianos in the settings - maybe you can get the response you need there? Not sure about the other pianos and not near my music rig at the moment to check

• McClaneonfire
    edited March 12
    Options

I set the curve inside Eletctric Keys to the S61 preset. I will try the others. But in my "feel" it should be with various piano / more acoustic dependent instruments that the curve should have a better response in order to not have to "hammer" the keybed like that ;)

If there are these curve presets (hardware-firmware-wise / VST-wise) I hope it is possible to create better behaving presets.

• McClaneonfire
    edited March 12
    Options

I think offering better curve behaviour inside the KK S61 MK3 makes more sense because it appears in different vst-instruments...

• McClaneonfire
    Options

There is also a difference between black and white keys. Black Keys are more sensitive / better with velocity in my opinion.

And by the way "Hard" in the MK3 settings is the opposite to "Hard" in the Electric Keys settings ;)

• McClaneonfire
    edited March 12
    Options

Apart from this:

I love the Tines Duo / Electric Keys!!! Thank you for these two beautiful, greatly tweakable instruments 🤩

(also as written I see it more as a MK3 thing...)

• McClaneonfire
    Options

Any experiences?