How to "collapse" vendors in browser?

Shannon
Shannon Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

Using Komplete Kontrol version 2.9.6 with a MK1 88 keyboard. When browsing for a specific vst I would like to be able to search by vendor. After selecting vendor, I notice that each vendor's instruments are in an expanded view, which requires unnecessary scrolling. Is there a way to collapse this view so that only the vendors are displayed and you would then select the specific vendor e.g. Heavyocity and only then have that company's instruments expanded to select the specific instrument?

I've tried several several mouse click and keyboard combos to collapse the view of "all vendors at once", but to no effect. We are able to collapse a single vendor's offerings by clicking on the arrow next to the name, but that is tedious and once the browser is reopened, the view reverts to the all instruments displayed view.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,891 Expert
    Answer ✓

Sorry, no way to do what you ask.

Trust me when I say the community has offered countless suggestions like this over the years to improve this side of the application (what I would say is the MAIN purpose for its existence) but even after all this time and now a completely new version, none of these very good suggestions have been considered.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,891 Expert
    Answer ✓

Sorry, no way to do what you ask.

Trust me when I say the community has offered countless suggestions like this over the years to improve this side of the application (what I would say is the MAIN purpose for its existence) but even after all this time and now a completely new version, none of these very good suggestions have been considered.

• Shannon
    Shannon Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Thank you Jester for taking the time to be of help. I appreciate you confirming that collapsing the hierarchy tree in the browser would be a welcomed improvement in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.