Considering getting Kontakt

Acheray
Acheray Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hello community, I am considering getting Kontakt mostly because of the excellent acoustic instruments' sounds. Nevertheless, I am not sure if Kontakt is a good fit for me, so I am looking for some expert/knowledgeable opinions for the following reasons:

1) I want to use good-sounding instruments in Logic for reference midi recordings of what otherwise will be recorded/performed with actual instruments (no midi-instruments).

2) I am interested in midi instrument emulations of acoustic instruments mostly, some keyboards occasionally (rhodes, moog).

3) Not interested in using Kontakt for music production to the extent of instrument design, in-depth mixing, etc.

4) Based on the above descriptions, is Kontakt an overkill for my needs? If yes, any suggestions for an alternative.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

According to your bullet points, Kontakt seems to be ideally suited for your needs imo.

You'll get access to quality acoustic instruments libraries with an easy to use recording plugin suited to the DAW environment.

• Acheray
    Acheray Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks Nico, my next question will be Kontakt player or Kontakt full? Considering that my main purpose is to build mock-up recordings of what will eventually be recorded with actual instruments played by musicians. Thanks again for your answer.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

If you intend to purchase additional libraries to be loaded by Kontakt, they would have to be Kontakt Player licensed in order to be able to open them in the free Kontakt Player without demo mode limitations. If you don't want to be constrained with this limitation and just want to be able to purchase whatever Kontakt library exists out there, then you need full Kontakt.