onboard Arp on Kontrol S MK3 keyboards

Options
mraak47
mraak47 Member Posts: 35 Member

If I understand correctly, when Play Assist is activated on the new Kontrol S MK3 keyboard, keyboard itself doesn't submit/generate arpeggiated notes or repeated notes (when Note Repeat is selected) but arp/note repeat is done in Komplete Kontrol software? If that's the case, do you have any plans to make the arp/note repeat available on keyboard itself so that the keyboard itself generates arp/repeated notes and output them over 5 pin MIDI or USB MIDI?

Best Answer

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 859 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes - we're implementing this at the moment actually.

Answers

• Matthew_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes - we're implementing this at the moment actually.

• mraak47
    edited March 4
    Options

Hi Matthew! Thanks, that's great. Will all the settings like Rate, Swing, and Gate for Arp and Note Repeat also be available and will work on the onboard arp of the Kontrol S MK3 keyboard or will only work in Komplete Kontrol software? And, for example if I use any Kontakt guitar library (your ones and third party ones) as VST plugin in DAW, will the Kontrol S MK3 keyboard transmit the onboard arp/note repeat generated sequence of notes over MIDI to that library and it could then be recorded in DAW? If yes, the chosen time signature in Rate settings of the onboard arp/note repeat will be automatically synced to the DAW tempo as well? Thanks!

• Matthew_NI
    Options

It will look exactly as it does today, but functionally happen on-device.

The transformed MIDI will then be sent out via DIN or USB to whatever you're connected to.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    Options

I think that exact specifications of product features only rarely will be published ahead of release !

• mraak47
    Options

Hi, Matthew! Thanks for the info but I don't own Kontrol S Mk3 keyboard yet (will buy it soon) so I cannot check the arp/note repeat functions. So please let me know the following about the onboard arp/note repeat function that will be implemented on the Kontrol S Mk3 keyboard: chosen time signature in Rate settings of the onboard arp/note repeat will be automatically synced to the DAW tempo as well (when using Kontakt libraries as VST plugin)? And, when approx. will you guys finish implementing the onboard arp/note repeat feature, within a few days already? Thanks!

• Matthew_NI
    Options

Do you use Komplete Kontrol yet, and/or own any other Native Instruments keyboard?

• mraak47
    Options

Hi Matthew! Thanks for a response. No, not yet, I only own Kontakt. Also, very important to me is that onboard arp and especially note repeat on Kontrol S MK3 keyboard that you will implement is also polyphonic. Is it? For example, when using note repeat, and if I hold down more than one key (playing a chord), will Kontrol S MK3 keyboard repeat all the notes of that chord or only one? Thanks!

• mraak47
    Options

Hi Matthew! Thanks for a response. No, not yet, I only own Kontakt. Also, very important to me is that onboard arp and especially note repeat on Kontrol S MK3 keyboard that you will implement is also polyphonic. Is it? For example, when using note repeat, and if I hold down more than one key (playing a chord), will Kontrol S MK3 keyboard repeat all the notes of that chord or only one? Thanks!

• Sambhav
    Sambhav Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Matthew_NI

Is the onboard ARP and Assist on kontrol S series available yet ?

I am planning to buy a new keyboard in next week and this is one important thing for me to decide.

thank you!

• Matthew_NI
    Options

Not yet. It should ship in June or July.

• zippsoftware
    zippsoftware Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Matthew_NI could you somehow speedup the implementation of this feature? It's the only thing that keeps me from pressing the BUY button on my shopping cart ;)

I know everybody says their issue is the most important one, but this should have been implemented immediately after the firmware update saga ended, as it's not explained anywhere that the play assist doesn't work without Komplete Kontrol software and it's really frustrating to discover this after the purchase.

I have read thousands of comments and ratings in the past 2 weeks regarding the Kontrol S MK3 series and I think most of the bad press these days once people get passed over the Machine integration is because of this issue. Arturia probably even hired a bunch of online trolls to write about this everywhere lately...