Electric sunburst plug in - only patterns??

Options
vaipatri
vaipatri Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

hello, i have the electric sunburst plug in, i dont want to play the patterns i want to be able to use the midi controller to play my own patterns and chord progressions. how do i do this? does deluxe give me that option>

Best Answer

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

@vaipatri It depends on what you mean by create your own patterns. But there's no built-in method to add patterns like the ones that come with it, nor can you customize existing patterns in deluxe.

Some people have been disappointed because there's been a lack of strumming (down-up), it's just a single motion. (not sure if I'm explaining that correctly) In melody you can play single notes and chords, but you can't fully recreate all the sounds you hear in some of the patterns.

Probably easier to hear what it's like rather than me try to explain it. Here's a couple of videos that may help you decide if it's going to do what you want. IMO these videos do a better job at actually showing you what the library itself can do without giving you an overproduced demo.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,930 Guru
    Options

It is easy!

Simply click on the Instruments below the Sunburst guitar, and then click on Electric Sunburst Deluxe (Melody).nki.

Don't mind the 2.0 and 3., these are the custom patches I made for myself.

Let me know if it helped, good miss! :)

• reffahcs
    Options

Electric Sunburst only supports built-in patters. As Milos mentioned, melody (which is what you're wanting) is only available in Electric Sunburst Deluxe.

• vaipatri
    vaipatri Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

okay so deluxe will actually allow me to create my own patterns in a solo mode? i just dont need the patterns as much, i need to be able to create my own patterns using my midi or chord progressions. i don't have deluxe, only the regular. can i just upgrade to deluxe or do i have to actually purchase deluxe in full price

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,930 Guru
    Options

You can!

As long as you have the ordinary Sunburst edition, of course! :)

• reffahcs
    Answer ✓
    Options

@vaipatri It depends on what you mean by create your own patterns. But there's no built-in method to add patterns like the ones that come with it, nor can you customize existing patterns in deluxe.

Some people have been disappointed because there's been a lack of strumming (down-up), it's just a single motion. (not sure if I'm explaining that correctly) In melody you can play single notes and chords, but you can't fully recreate all the sounds you hear in some of the patterns.

Probably easier to hear what it's like rather than me try to explain it. Here's a couple of videos that may help you decide if it's going to do what you want. IMO these videos do a better job at actually showing you what the library itself can do without giving you an overproduced demo.