Custom Functions / Key Assignments

TheVille
TheVille Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I've been searching and maybe I haven't tried hard enough yet but I've tried and failed so far. So, I guess two part question with part 1 being the most important I think.

(1) How do I define custom actions or functions?

(2) How do I map that to a key? (I think I do this in 'Controller Manager' settings window)

I want to do multiple things but if I can figure out the first I will hopefully be able to figure out the rest from there. So, to start, I'd like to do the following by pressing ALT+1:

(a) Load the track that is currently playing on Deck A onto Deck B

(b) Match Deck B song position to match Deck A's position (do not sync tempo!) after done loading

(c) Set Deck B song position X beats ahead of Deck A (X being configurable to 1/4,1/2, 3/4, full beat)

Ideally instructions for Traktor 2 but I'll take instructions for any version and figure it out from there.

Tagged:

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod

Add In --> Track Deck --> Duplicate Track

Add In --> Deck Common --> Move --> Beatjump

Assign both to a key combination of your choice via the Learn button (find more about it on Youtube it's super easy)

• TheVille
    TheVille Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I am having trouble with some of your suggestions though...

(1) Duplicate Track - This is tempo matching. I just want to load the track at the normal tempo. It does match the song position though which is good.

(2) Beat Jump - This isn't working. I multibound both functions to Alt+1 and the beatjump doesn't have an effect. Is there a way to add a few milliseconds of delay between the two?

Also, how do I specify the size of the jump? Half beat for example.