S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• Merman
    Merman Member Posts: 16 Member

Oops!

Actually, the 2 second screen overlay works fine! :)

It must have been either that my tractor app wasn't selected/focused, Traktor had crashed, or similar.

All good!

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

Haha! 😆

Well, i hope you enjoy the additions as much as i do. I don't like using keyboard shortcuts or the mouse when i am playing so i am trying to have all the time sensitive tools on the controller, while staying away from adding too much stuff.

I am also open to consider ideas from MOD users. Around half my additions are suggestions like yours. 🦋

• Merman

Nice one! :)

Yeah, I'm enjoying it very much actually. I also want to touch/look at my laptop as little as possible.

I've just had a session where I deactivated the screens to help exercise my ear a bit more. Not having the visual queues is really helpful.

One suggestion is that the 'deck buttons' remain red when you've deactivated the screen as opposed to going back to the default colours. I forgot a few times that I had it set, and was wondering why my loops weren't working! :) If those buttons were red, there would be a strong visual reminder.

Actually, there's one thing I was wondering, is there a way to set the master clock the master? As it stands, there's only a way to toggle the deck master settings.....

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 11

Master Clock is a good idea. I'll make this a Master Button Hold (>2sec) function.

Originally i had the idea to create a new screen with zero elements, so you would see the Traktor Logo. But the user that requested the screen toggle to lighten the graphics process load, didn't want to burden me with the a bit more complicated screen display stuff.

The Logo would be a nice touch i guess...

Edit: The screen part with a static logo was easier than i thought. Question remains if this also reduces the load. Previously i had just disconnected the display functions from calculating, and constantly updating any output to the screens. Now it does start the screen, keeping a tally of all running screen related Traktor variables, but without any calculations and zero output, apart from the logo. Needs some further testing, but already very neat. Solved. I can do both. 🦋

• Sûlherokhh

@Merman and @everyone else ...

Update:

S4MK3 Performance Mod V8:

New deck features:

• Master Tap: Deck TempoMaster toggle (ON/OFF).
    • Master Hold (>0.2sec): Master Clock AUTO toggle.
    • Master LED Feedback: BRIGHT CYAN (deck is TempoMaster), - LIME (Master Clock AUTO is not active, deck is not TempoMaster), RED (Master Clock AUTO is active, deck is not TempoMaster)

New screen features:

• Screen Output Override: Toggle to turn off the screens with SHIFT + any Deck button. This will stop all screen output coming in and increase frame rates of the Traktor GUI and the frame rates of any other connected controller with a screen like for example a pair of D2's. Now it shows the Traktor Logo.

Download link and more Details can be found HERE.

• Razzor
    Razzor Member Posts: 7 Member

Man, I don’t even know where to start…

Just WOW! I’m so thankful for your work here. It's unbelievable!

Huge, huge respect to you and your skills here, and your will to adapt and integrate suggestions from other users. I think it’s too rare to find something like that these days. Also, you let us use this incredible “new piece of software” for free. Really, if I can help you out with something, let me know. I mean, I’m not making any money with my hobby yet, but I want to support such work.

I started 2 years ago with Traktor (S4 MK3) after a long break from making music or trying to make music.

The DJ and multitalent James Hype inspired me to start again. I was rebuilding some of his playlists and found out that I couldn’t shorten the loops like he did with the jog wheels. So I was looking for a way to do something similar and found your threat here about two days ago.

And you brought Traktor to a new level!

My favorites are the loop shortening features, the loop in and out buttons, and the FX selection via shift. Also, your update with the shift + view update was very helpful. I also have to use the log wheels when in view mode.

I love Traktor for all the possibilities. A DJ apartment from Thomann.de helped me out with some midi mapping, so I can use FX banks 3 and 4 on an external midi controller. I was happy for, like, a week.

After seeing this, it’s Christmas again ;)

I will test your last updates and will be back with some feedback soon. I had some C++ and Java programming courses in my study, but never really learned to program.

Keep up the great work!

PS: I just saw your Paypal link while writing this text; what a coincidence haha. It’s not that much, but I will remember you when I’m hopefully starting to make some money with my passion!

• Sûlherokhh

@Razzor

Hey there,

Thank you, felt really good to read your lines. As stated somewhere else, my intention to do this has always been to make this a communal project, trying to add useful and easily accessible tidbits and, as you pointedly expressed, make it christmas again. ^^

I am always open to feedback and read all of your suggestions, wether or not they are finally incorporated. I am also thankful for any kind of support, but no hassle; i know well what it's like to have to turn your quarters. You are free to just enjoy the fruits of my work.

🎧

• Merman

@Sûlherokhh

That update is amazing! :)

You really are doing great stuff here!

I was wondering if there's a way to make the jog wheel behaviour that I requested my default on start up?

Is there a line of code that I can change on my end?

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 12

The state should be saved in your mapping file, just like values like jogwheel tension or haptic ticks is saved there. As long as you don't load a new mapping file for the s4 (as happens automatically when you connect it the first time), you should be good.

Otherwise, you can invert the default value here:

'...\Native Instruments\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\S4MK3\S4MK3.qml', line 61

MappingPropertyDescriptor { 
       id: fullscreenJogbrowsingToggleProp; 
       path: "mapping.state.fullscreen_jogbrowsing_toggle"; 
       type: MappingPropertyDescriptor.Boolean; 
       value: true;
     }

Set value to false.

Edit: Could be i selected the wrong path for saving the settings. I will investigate.

• Merman

Probably user error on my part! :)

Great, thanks for that! I'll edit the qml.

• Sûlherokhh

It was my coding error that made it not save the last used setting. I have corrected this now and will upload the updated version in a bit. Thanks for pointing this out to me. You won't need to change code, the setting will be saved for next use in the mapping file in V9.

• Sûlherokhh

Repair Update:

S4MK3 Performance Mod V9:

fixed browser features:

• SHIFT+View: Toggle original Jogwheel behaviour (i.e. Jogwheel does not scroll playlist, has deck colour, turns when track is playing and allows pitchbending and scratching). Setting will now be saved between sessions.

Download link and more Details can be found HERE.

• Merman

Awesome!

I'm glad to be of service! :)

• Razzor
    Razzor Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello @Sûlherokhh, hello Community,

yeah and I think this community project works quit well.

So, I was testing your version 7 these days and everything worked very smooth. I have some suggestions, that I would change on my part. Maybe others would like to change these as well.

Suggestion 1)

New Additions: I really hate the color of effect button 4. It has this yellow color and is to similar to the orange of the filter nob. So, can you change that, to a new one? Maybe purple or so, that we have a clear visual difference here.

Suggestion 2)

I work with some lights at home and also got a strobe light. And I’m working with many pre-defined loops. So, I have to activate the loop beforehand, when I load a new track. But sometimes its hard to spot the difference between the green number and the whit static number. Maybe we can implement a more graphic change, so that the background of the right loop window (in the display) is green and the loop length is white? Because under bad conditions its hard to see, if its on or not. When you do this step, you can check if its useful to change the blinking Shema, when tractor is in an active loop or not.

By the way: Is there a already existing feature, that loops are always on, when you load a new track and you turned the loop off before in the other track?

Suggestion 3)

And a more complex suggestion. When we are in track mode, the buttons “Samples” and “Stems” have no function. Maybe you can program these buttons to be Samples => Beat Slicer Mode and Stems => Roll Effect

And when this was possible, we can enter two second functions via Shift + Samples/Shift + Stems?

Here are some videos I found related to that topic:

Beat Slicer Mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdffx1ijrSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQhgHHByFk

Pad Mode – Roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrztbk_kepM

Suggestion 4)

Maybe we find a way to change the Mixer-FX like you already did with the normal effects on the top of the S4 controller? Shift + Mixer Select switched through all 9 effects?

Question 1)

And a question related to the vinyl stop effect via Shift + Play. I can change the length of the stop with the jog wheel haptic tension. But how does that work exactly? The shortest I can reach, is about half a beat. And the longest is more than 2 beats. What is the math behind this function and has the BPM of a track influence on that?

When I’m missing something here, please write me.

I’m exited to be part of this project and excited about the possibilities of my suggestions.

Greetings

Razzor

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper

@Razzor i felt the same way as you, wow!! to find a community that helps each other and have @Sûlherokhh helping us out with his knowledge is just unbelievable !!

so happy to be part of this group!!!