Allow Battery 4 to publish pad names to DAWs (MIDI labels)

Options
HyprPosition
HyprPosition Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
This isn't exactly a deal breaker, I love Battery 4 and have used it ever since I got it in Komplete 13. My only gripe, and this seems to be a recurring problem for users, is that it does not publish pad names. By this I specifically mean in such a way that a DAW could read this name and display it on the piano-roll (or whatever the equivalent MIDI note editor is in your DAW).

It seems many people from various DAWs have tried to get this ball rolling by asking the devs of their respective software about it. Gol (senior FL Studio dev) has stated on a few occasions that this comes down to the VST and is not on the side of the DAW. I know FL can handle this label system, and it uses it with finesse in native plugins. I only use FL but have seen this concept at work in Ableton and Cubase as well.

I have seen some workarounds, but they are all very far from elegant. Bordering on insanity in terms of workflow. They're just too much to be considered viable alternatives.

I am aware that Battery is probably not on the high priority list, but I still think it is a great idea and am surprised that nobody has asked for it here yet (I've seen the question numerous times in respective DAW forums though. always to the response "It's not on our end")

Just saying, just saying o.o