Playbox hangs when pressing play on Logic

Options

Answers

• Jon Berggren
    Jon Berggren Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Same Issue with Logic pro x. It worked for a while but suddenly logic just hangs when I press play.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,690 mod
    Options

What's your OS? Do you have a M1 Mac or Intel? Do you run Logic in Rosetta mode or not?

• Jon Berggren
    Options

Mac Mini with with Intel MacOS Monteray

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Jon Berggren Do Kontakt and Logic have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Does it happen when using your own samples with Playbox or is it when using the presets? Is Playbox installed on an external hard drive? What is the format of that drive?

• flygarn
    flygarn Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am also seeing very frequent crashes of Logic with Playbox. It's at a point where it's unusable. I'm not sure if the problem is with Logic or with Playbox or the combination of the two. If this cannot be solved I might need to switch to a different DAW because I absolutely love Playbox. How much have you tested Playbox with Logic? I tried re-installing Playbox but that didn't seem to help, or possibly only helped for a short while. Enabling full disk access also didn't solv it. I'm using a Macbook Pro with the I7 chip (I don't have the M1 yet) and 16GB memory. I'm still on macOS Big Sur so haven't upgraded to Ventura yet.

• Jon Berggren
    Options

@Jeremy_NI it happens with playbox samples only haven even tried to load my own yet. Only using presets. Playbox is installed on the hardrive no external drive. Further, today I learned that I cannot export audio from Maschine 2 when I made a beat with playbox! It hangs when trying to export. Other sounds and instruments in Mashine 2 software is fine.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Jon Berggren Not sure if we checked this already but do Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol, Logic and Maschine all have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS Does that change anything in the behaviour of Playbox?

• SmallPinkDot
    SmallPinkDot Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I just had Playbox hang my Cubase system twice.

I am playing a track and just scrolling through sounds on Komplete Kontrol, and twice when I get to playbox the whole system hangs, and I need to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and start again.

• Richard Marchand
    Richard Marchand Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

EDIT: Will make a new thread

• tashley
    tashley Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I did exactly as you suggested and it immediately ended two days of frustration. Many thanks.

• Frankdaly59
    Frankdaly59 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi all (hopefully Jeremy or colleague).

I've just found this thread having had the same issues with Playbox and Logic. Such a great instrument but god this is frustrating. I assume there's been no more general fix for this found? If not, could someone at NI drop me an email?

Many thanks

Frank

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Frankdaly59 With a M2 Max Mac you shouldn't have any kind of performance issues. Did you install Playbox on an external hard drive? What fomrat is your external hard drive?

• defor11
    defor11 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

just purchased playbox as well. Using it in FL studio in Kontakt 7 player. It works fine during the session, but then crashes every time I reopen the project. Any way you can assist me with it? Thank you!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@defor11 Can you give more details? What's your operating system? Does it happen with any other Kontakt instrument or only Playbox? If you save your project to a different location on your computer, does it crash as well?

• Apparition
    Apparition Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same issue here, recall causes Logic to freeze. Have to copy settings in Playbox and create a new instance, then bounce to audio.

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 running Ventura 13.4 / Logic 10.7.9