Komplete Kontrol S61 mk2 sends random expression CC

sevdahbaby
sevdahbaby Member Posts: 27 Member

Hello there,

I have a sustain pedal connected to the B port of my KK S61 mk2, set up as a sustain pedal. Everything is working fine for some time, but after a while, Cubase starts receiving random expression CCs (the values are jumping randomly around 50%)... And when I go to KK software and change Pedal B setting from switch to continuous and back, everything starts working fine again... for some 15, 20 minutes and then breaks up again... pretty annoying, since this bug effectively lowers the volume of VST instruments under the hood...

Did anyone have problem with pedal settings?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Just a thought, did you try the A input to see if the issue persists? This will help rule out any Hardware malfunction with that specific input.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Just a thought, did you try the A input to see if the issue persists? This will help rule out any Hardware malfunction with that specific input.

• sevdahbaby

Hey Blindeddie,

It's a bit banal, but the A input is blocked by my display stand... will try it definitely :)

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

can you also tell us the exact model of the pedal and maybe make a pic of the settings, i guess you only use tip? If you set to continuous have you tried to calibrate and then set back to switch?

Uwe

• sevdahbaby
    edited January 2022

Hey Uwe,

I am using a Nektar NP-1 pedal. I switched it to Input A, as @Blindeddie suggested and had no issues since yesterday... which is kind of a bummer - it looks like a hardware malfunction. And yeah, I forgot to mention that the keyboard stops sending those random expression CCs when I turn it off and turn back on... 😒

I am sending you pics of my settings - they are the same for both inputs.

And yes, I guess I only use the tip. Honestly, I didn't mess around with settings for the sustain pedal a lot, since everything worked flawlessly from the start. I will try calibrating when in continuous mode and see if that makes any difference in switch mode. But definitely there seams to be a problem, with software, or hardware...