While repairing a broken usb port on my Ni s88 a few of the components got damaged on the PCB board

Studiolabz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Anyone know where I can find a schematic for the s88? Or where I could purchase a new pcb board to replace the one with the damage? Seems silly to pay to have it shipped and repaired when all I need is a lone board or some info. Thanks


  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 8,918 mod

    @Studiolabz I woud still recommend contacting our hardware service, they might be able to give you more information and options: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Hardware

  • BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 443 Pro

    If you ship it back to a retailer (for example, Sweetwater) for repair, whether or not the unit is still under warranty, the likelihood is that the retailer's service department is going to swap units...or swap internal components with some spares that they have in a bin someplace. This happened with a spare Rig Kontrol I had purchased from a local pawn shop. I took too long checking it out, and the return period had expired by the time I figured out that the USB socket was malfunctioning and needed a new USB port soldered onto the RK's motherboard.

    I used Sweetwater and paid them to repair the unit since it was outside of the warranty. I'm almost certain that I got another unit from the back of their warehouse. It didn't come in a retail box, but it looked new and at least this one worked. Of course, the repair charge was ALMOST as much as a new RK unit. Ouch. Live and learn.

    If it's an older model such as a MK1 or MK2, it's possible that they don't even have the needed parts anymore. In which case they'll ship the broken unit back to you.

Back To Top