How do I change key in Session guitarist?

JohnIJones
JohnIJones Member Posts: 12 Member

I am playing in A minor but want an E major chord. I can't find any way to include this chord in the playback. If I add another rhythm pattern its always in the same key, A minor which has no E major. The manual says there are loads of chord possibilities but doesn't say how to implement them.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 2,011 Guru

Do you play with the keyboard?

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    edited January 18

@JohnIJones Is this what you're looking for? Which Session Guitarist are you using?

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper

Are you using Electric Mint? or....?

• JohnIJones
    JohnIJones Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 19

Here it is. It's strummed acoustic. Any key change for one rhythm I make will also change all of the rhythm pattern keys. This means I have to load a new kontakt version if I want a chord that isn't in that key. For example, I am in A minor but I want E major in the middle of a run for one beat, so I have to add a new kontakt version.

Also, I can't see any melody option and don't know what it is.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

Hopefully someone with more experience can answer your question about the rythm pattern keys and chords, unfortunately I'm not really following you there.

As far as the melody option goes, that's in Picked Acoustic not Strummed Acoustic, which I'm guessing is part of why you're frustrated with not being able to find a solution to your original question.