Battery Library not available on Win 11 - crashes upon clicking on library tab in preferences

Options
AhMahn
AhMahn Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hello

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 on a new machine and as it says in the description, Battery crashes when I click on the library tab of preferences.

Tjis has not been too much of a problem until yesterday when the library disappeared from the browser pane.

I can still work around this by navigating to the library files in the "files" tab in the browser pane but I am a bit worried that this may break in time as well.

I did contact support on this issue some time ago (specifically the crashes that happen when clicking on the library tab in preferences) and i was told that the only known way to fix this is by creating a seperate Windows User account. This does indeed fix the issue but migrating all files and settings to a new Windows User Account seems to be a bit of a minefield and there is no easy way of doing it (last attempt bricked the new user account and it is no longer accessible.)

Has anyone found a workable solution to this?

Much thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Is it crashing in Battery in standalone? In your DAW? Both? Have you tried these steps already? My NI Software Crashes at Startup (Windows)

• AhMahn
    Options

Both standalone and plugin, yes.

And yes, I went through all those steps before contacting NI support over a month ago

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@AhMahn My colleague got back to you on December 14th asking for crashlogs and you never got back, your ticket was then closed without an answer from you. If you want this to be looked into again please create a new request.

• AhMahn
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

In the conversation i had, i offered crash logs but they were never requested - instead i was asked to run a diagnostics tool and submit the results, which I did.

The only solution i was offered is the one i mentioned above which is not feasible.

The only email from your colleague that i didn't respond to was one where he asked me if the new windows userr solution didn't work because i gave feedback saying the issue hadn't been resolved.

I have the entire conversation so its probably best to not tell me things happened that didn't

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@AhMahn Checking your request right now, I see the last message from my colleague from December 12th.

thanks for clarifying!

So it also crashes in the new user?

Could you send me the crash report separately please sometimes the Support tool can't collect them could be permission issues. 

After this message there is no answer form you after that, did you send one and it got lost?

• AhMahn
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Ah ok, the last exchange seems to be on the 14th of December - and you're right, he did ask for a crash log at that point and I didn't notice that because i was frustrated with how the communication was going and i gave up.

To clarify, as I've said here and I've said to your colleague, the crash doesn't happen in a new user account, but migrating everything to that new user account creates more problems than it solves so it's not a feasible solution.

I will post a crash log here in a few hours when I'm in the studio.

Thanks Jeremy

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey @AhMahn Better to create a new request with a reminder of the previous one (4128543). On a side note, if the issue is fixed by a new user account, we would recommend to go that road, if there are permission issues on your system, it will take more time and effort than migrating the user account.

• AhMahn
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Ok.

Sorry, but I'm burning out on this one.

Submitting a new request will mean jumping through all kinds of hoops yet again, so I'm reluctant to do that.

The new user account option has so far failed, as i outlined above - i may try again but, anyway, I'll see.

Since you asked me to submit a bug report here, i will happily do that.

A new request?

No thanks

• AhMahn
    Options

Well, I have finally migrated to a new user account to sort this - and it works, but at great cost; I'm on day two of configuring the new user account and re-authorising hundreds of plugins.

I do not regard this as a reasonable fix for a broken plugin which, to my mind, is something that I believe NI could fix if they wanted to but they just don't want to.

Thus, my confidence in NI has greatly eroded and I cannot see myself purchasing further products or updates in the future and I will cease to reccommend NI products.

Regards

Alan

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 606 Pro
    Options

Dude, he's doing the best he can, and even the support people working with you in December were doing a lot more than just ignoring you. I get it, you are busy and you are frustrated. But you don't get to misrepresent the efforts they're undertaking to try to help you.

And when you give up on something so quickly, you can't really get mad at the vendor for being on the path you're on. Maybe you should have gone through the refund process. It's okay, debugging is not for everybody.