Komplete Kontrol & NI Drummer Instruments

Options
Foldyman
Foldyman Member Posts: 39 Member

Hi,

Of the various NI drummer instruments, I can ge these working great in Kontact with seperate outs into my DAW.

Ideally, I'd like to use Komplete Kontrol in the same way and have the same as Kontact, but also have the encoders mapped.

As with Kontact, you seem to have to setup the outputs first, then reload another instance of the instrument, then route each of the individual drums to it, as the original instance doesn't make any of the newly created outputs available.

Problem is, if I do that, it works but I loose all the encoder mappings.

Any ideas? Not a massive deal, just wondering if I'm flogging a dead horse.

Cheers,

A

Best Answers

• Foldyman
    Answer ✓
    Options

... answered my own question.

If you create a default with all the output channels created first, then when you create a fresh instance of the instrument, the channels are available and all the encoders work.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

so you are saying that after mapping the outs, you load a "Second" copy of the drum library in the same instance of KK? NKS does not work properly for Kontakt when multiple libraries are loaded in a single instance (a Multi). It is due to the fact that if the assigned parameters use the same automation ID, NKS is not able to assign the parameters to the encoders due to duplicates. What you should do, is after you assign the outs, save the output config as a preset, then reload or replace the Kontakt instance load a single library and then choose the out preset from the preset list if it is not loaded by default. (you should probably save the NKI as well)

Answers

• Foldyman
    Answer ✓
    Options

... answered my own question.

If you create a default with all the output channels created first, then when you create a fresh instance of the instrument, the channels are available and all the encoders work.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

so you are saying that after mapping the outs, you load a "Second" copy of the drum library in the same instance of KK? NKS does not work properly for Kontakt when multiple libraries are loaded in a single instance (a Multi). It is due to the fact that if the assigned parameters use the same automation ID, NKS is not able to assign the parameters to the encoders due to duplicates. What you should do, is after you assign the outs, save the output config as a preset, then reload or replace the Kontakt instance load a single library and then choose the out preset from the preset list if it is not loaded by default. (you should probably save the NKI as well)