Arturia, NI or something else for 88 note

Options
2»

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,308 mod
    edited January 10
    Options

Congratulations , I hope that you will be happy with both your purchases , and especially that you do not get any issues with the S-Series MK3 firmware updating and so on ! (though I would like to think that NI has somehow managed to make things work better by now for units shipped at this point in time).

Incidentally then my initial guess , judging from the magnifying equipment , were that you are working with SMDs (I am so impressed 😁) and as for the wires I knew what they were for as I have , I dunno , maybe 3 oscilloscopes stashed in the attic with a lot of other equipment though I hardly ever got around to using it because of living conditions and the fact that it takes some space to set it all up so that you do not have to put it all away after every use. (I would be quite surprised if all my stuff were still working as it has been stashed for 'years' under less than optimal conditions).

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    edited January 10
    Options

Ordered s88 mk3 today and it’s arriving tomorrow, can’t wait

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

Very very very happy

• Alpepper1
    Alpepper1 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Congratulation on your purchase!

Have you tried instruments like BBSO? Do they work fine? How is the keyfeel?

• Super8boy
    Super8boy Member Posts: 71 Helper
    Options

I wouldn’t buy an Arturia Keylab mk2 at this stage with its ****** old little display, when Keylab mk3 is bound to be released later this year and will come packed with many new features arguably.

i use a Nord Stage 3 88 next to my Kontrol mk3 s61 (also have the s61 mk2 but can’t use both at the same time unfortunately) and it’s a great companion as a midi controller depending on what you need it to do). For daw control I use the Kontrol keyboard, as well as Push3 (I’m on Ableton live) and a Novation sl mk3 49 which has a way nicer touch than the key lab 49 by the way).

you could consider the studiologic 73/88 keyboards or possibly the 88 grand (Thomann will allow you to return it if it doesn’t suit or one feels too heavy) .

do you need advanced daw control from the 88 keyboard one? Will it be under a desk in a tray or on a stand etc? Will you be using another controller like a Behringer x32, an icon, ssl uf8 etc?

think of hand position, height, ergonomics especially if you suffer from arthritis.

I like the way my buso audio artist88 desk allows for keyboard tray height adjustment

• Super8boy
    Super8boy Member Posts: 71 Helper
    Options

Ha. I see you went in depth on the setup below. Will read on sorry ;)

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 267 Pro
    Options

I used Kurzweil 88 with Tp40/L keybed for piano stuff and NI KK 61 mk2 for long time.

Now I have moved to NI KK 88 mkIII (TP/100 which is fine), and using old KK 61 same time. I'm all in on KK. :)