Suggestions for favorites in next Battery 4 update or next version (Battery 5)

Options
oobe79
oobe79 Member Posts: 83 Helper
edited January 3 in Battery 4

With around a 50,000 Kit and Sample Library, it's a grueling process to audition all the samples in order to select favorites as it is. But the tiny favorite star is hard to select. My suggestions:

1. It would be batter if the favorites was in a column where selecting anything within the cell of that column would mark it as a favorite. The Library is already arranged in a table, and you can see how the rows alternate between black and gray. But the grid lines for the columns are invisible. And you have to hover and wait for the star to show up so you can select it. And on a 32" 4K monitor, that star is TINY.
  2. It would also be good if you enabled click dnd drag down the column if there is a sample "family" that you want to favorite all of them rather than one at a time. Major time saver.
  3. Lastly, as this process of sample auditioning and selecting favorites is a universal behavior that pretty much everyone has to go through, a better browser would be ideal. Just as you can open and close the browser (to save screen space when using Battery as a plugin in your DAW), it would great if you could close the instrument/pads/controls section of Battery, enabling the browser to take up the entire window- thus, allowing much more are to present the Library.

Thanks for taking this under consideration.

P.S. I tried to post this as a New Idea rather than a discussion, but the mandatory categories you have to select include only Traktor and Beta 3.11 bugs.

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions @oobe79

We only have an Ideas space for Traktor and Maschine at the moment, but I tagged feature request in your post to make sure we don't miss it.