Where is the save option and batch re-save option in the Kontakt 7.7 interface?

Options
SashaB
SashaB Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Having trouble finding all the buttons/drop down menus in the new interface. Trying to figure out how to do batch re-save in the new interface for my 8dio libraries.

I found the new interface changes page but it does not specify where the save or batch re-save options are located.

The current batch re-save explanation page still uses the old header bar interface walk through.

This has been an unexpectedly frustrating issue for me. Makes me feel unintelligent. Perhaps it was too early in the morning...

Tagged:

Best Answers

• SashaB
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok so it appears that it does not exist anymore as described in the Kontakt 7.7.0 changes from 10-12-2023.

I really just want to load my 8dio libraries into Kontakt in a way that does not require reloading every time. I have not added a new library in a while so trying to figure this out and how to do it in the new Kontakt 7.7 interface. All the current tutorials and walk throughs use older interfaces with the header bar.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Batch resave option is not available in the plugin anymore. You can use Kontakt standalone to batch resave a library.

Answers

• SashaB
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok so it appears that it does not exist anymore as described in the Kontakt 7.7.0 changes from 10-12-2023.

I really just want to load my 8dio libraries into Kontakt in a way that does not require reloading every time. I have not added a new library in a while so trying to figure this out and how to do it in the new Kontakt 7.7 interface. All the current tutorials and walk throughs use older interfaces with the header bar.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Batch resave option is not available in the plugin anymore. You can use Kontakt standalone to batch resave a library.

• Eden Films
    Eden Films Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who wasted hours trying to find the save / install multifiles icons.

How Kontakt can be so extraordinarly stupid to have removed these is beyond me. We write film scores and have dozens of different setups that we now, as far as I can see, cannot access.

Talking about change for the worst. I'm tempted to go back to Kontakt 5 and delete everything after that. Hopeless. Almost as bad as the new Cubase 13. I get the impression that these companies think that change is good and don't the Victorian expression, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Extremely annoying, frustrating and candidly unbelievably amateur of them....

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,792 mod
    Options

They haven’t removed it, just from the plugin but it’s still there in the standalone app which is the best place to do this sort of library management operation anyway

• Elfzim
    Elfzim Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options
    I think the changelog was unclear for 7.7
    Batch re-save is still an option when running it outside of a DAW but the option doesn’t show up when it’s “live”.