Kontakt 7 Is Only Loading One Instrument At A Time

Options
Larry R.
Larry R. Member Posts: 12 Member

Since updating my Kontakt 7 yesterday, I can only load one instrument at a time. It doesn't matter if I'm in a DAW or not. I'm pretty sure it's a simple solution that I am overlooking. I have attached a short video.

Tagged:

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    edited November 2023
    Options

The new behavior of Kontakt 7 is that clicking on a preset replaces the current instrument rather than adding a new one.

To get multiple instrument loaded, go to the menu bar "View" and choose the drop down option "Rack View". This is the mode to have multiple instruments loaded.

You will also need to then go the Menu Bar "File" and choose the the drop down "New Instrument". This will prepare a new slot in the rack for you to load another instrument.

Whatever instrument in the Rack View has an orange highlight on its left edge is the active instrument that will be loaded when you click on a preset in the browser.

It may take awhile to get used to this new behavior, but it is what it is for now... perhaps an option for the old behavior will be part of a future update.

• Larry R.
    Larry R. Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Awesome, that worked, it is going to take some getting use to. I wonder what the reasoning is behind this?Thanks big dawg!

• Dave Wild
    Dave Wild Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I hope there will be a update that let me turn that "new behavior" off. i don`t like it.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,936 Guru
    edited January 6
    Options

Wait, you are saying that you can load only 1 instrument on Kontakt?

There is an easy solution!

Besides the solution that the previous person gave, I have another one that should help you out.

Load any instrument, then click on the empty space below the library of the Kontakt tab to remove the orange line from the library, and then try opening another preset.

It hope it helps.

• Milos
    edited January 6
    Options

Here is the example:

Sorry for the mouse not appearing, but you know what I am saying.

Load any library, then click anywhere on the empty black space of the Kontakt tab, then load another library, and so on, and so forth...

• Dave Nelson
    Dave Nelson Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options
    this new behavior really messed me up today
  • Milos
    Options

Well, did you try the advice I gave him?

It can probably help you as well...

• DigiTiki
    DigiTiki Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This new feature stinks, plain and simple.

• Milos
    edited April 15
    Options
  • mark menza
    mark menza Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for posting this. What is also a frustrating behavior is that as you load new instruments they all default to OMNI. I have to manually assign them a channel. Is there a way to set a default where - as in Kontakt 6 and before - as you add a new instrument into an instance of Kontakt it auto assigns it to the next available midi channel?

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

I have to admit this was frustrating at first as someone that commonly used Kontakt with multiple instruments loaded. However, over time as I adapted to the workflow, it now makes more sense because it's provides a much tighter and more logical integration with my DAW project such that the instrument being used on a track is a standalone instance.

For example, I was recently going through some projects that had Bass tracks using a Rickenbacker bass library. But I'd just purchased Session Bassist - Upright Bass because it was a better match for the sound I wanted. It was a simple matter of replacing the bass library on those individual tracks to get the sound I wanted with the least amount of effort.