Kontakt 6 backward compatibility

Options
Grandal
Grandal Member Posts: 19 Member

Hello,

I just unintalled Kontakt 6 then installed Kontakt 7 then surprisingly I got my Kontakt in missing situation inside my project.

I was using Kontakt 6 & instruments parameters was saved on it, but now I unable to retrieve all instances of Kontakt 6. is there a backward compatibility from v7 to v6?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is, but your host needs to support VST3 plugin migration capability (assuming you're using VST3). Currently the only hosts which support plugin migration are: Cubase, Nuendo, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol. No others.

You will need to keep K6 installed in case of using any other hosts, for the time being - until developers of those hosts decide to support the VST3 plugin migration capability.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is, but your host needs to support VST3 plugin migration capability (assuming you're using VST3). Currently the only hosts which support plugin migration are: Cubase, Nuendo, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol. No others.

You will need to keep K6 installed in case of using any other hosts, for the time being - until developers of those hosts decide to support the VST3 plugin migration capability.

• Grandal
    Grandal Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I’m using Bitwig as my DAW, it can load VST 3 versions as well.

The problem that I saved lots of my projects with Kontakt 6. & Unfortunately I uninstalled V6. I thought Kontakt 7 can load the parameters normally. Now they all gone.

I searched for Kontakt 6 but can’t find it. Is it still available else where? Is there any other solutions left?

• EvilDragon
    Options

Bitwig doesn't support VST3 migration either.

You should be able to reinstall Kontakt 6 from Native Access. It shows as "Kontakt", without a number.