Kontakt 7 Gui flickering in Daw (Bitwig)

Options
Santate
Santate Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi!

I have a strange problem with NI kontakt 7 plugin in Bitwig, also happends with new Komplete Kontrol as well. When the plugin window is on the gui flickers all the time. The flickering stops when closing the window or even when opening another plugin window on top of the kontakt window. Using kontakt is almost impossible. This problem occurs only with Bitwig, not in Logic or in standalone. Older versions of Kontakt (6) will work great. Any idea whats going on and where to seek the solution? Bitwig advised to ask this from plugin manufacturer but hard to say where is the problem…

Best Answers

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 216 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is because of vsync/gsync/freesync. Disable gsync/freesync if its enabled. On my system, inside both Bitwig and Cubase I see certain plugin windows flickering and/or the whole DAW when gsync features are enabled.

• Santate
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you guys! This problems is solved, the sync-thing was the thing. I also found out that somehow my computers display settings were wrong. The refresh rate was set to weird 45-70hz, not to stable 70hz.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,941 Guru
    Options

Try to reinstall the plugins.

It might work.

• Santate
    Options

Thanks for the tip! I installed Kontakt again and the problems still exists, also with Komplete kontrol. There’s something weird going on as this flickering only happends when using new GUI plugins/libraries like the Bazzazian, Pharlight and Vocal color. So there’s definetly some NI’s new code (or something) that will produce this with Bitwig. With Kontakt 6 the Pharlight /Ashlight wont make flickering but unfortunately some of the new plugins wont open as its too old version.

As the Bitwig wont utilize the graphic acceleration I have also tested to turn that off with kontakt but it wont help.

This is very a unfortunate problem which dont help forward to buy any NI’s new plugins anymore…

• Milos
    Options

Hmm...

You can make a custom desktop folder specifically for the plugins of NI.

Then go to the FIle Management and change the VST3 location to that desktop folder.

I had a similar issue with the libraries.

I could not update them or even install them and it solved the issue.

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 216 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is because of vsync/gsync/freesync. Disable gsync/freesync if its enabled. On my system, inside both Bitwig and Cubase I see certain plugin windows flickering and/or the whole DAW when gsync features are enabled.

• Milos
    Options

If my advice can't solve the issue, Milkman (funny name because of the meme, btw) can help you then.

• Santate
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you guys! This problems is solved, the sync-thing was the thing. I also found out that somehow my computers display settings were wrong. The refresh rate was set to weird 45-70hz, not to stable 70hz.

• Milos
    Options

Glad we could help!

• TheEpicRedstoner
    TheEpicRedstoner Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

How did you get this solved? I'm experiencing a similar issue

• vfx@denisspycher.com
    vfx@denisspycher.com Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I use Kontakt 7 on Bitwig on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra and have a similar issue...

I think the vsync/gsync/freesync fix is only for a PC? Is there a solution for a Mac?

• Santate
    Options

Vsync/gsync etc was on my external display, not in mac. I’m sorry but I dont know is there any solution in the computers settings, at least check your display settings that the refresh is ok.

This seems to be a pretty common problem for Bitwig users that there’s definetly a bug in the program…We must send a ticket to support!