How much time do I have to register Komplete Standard?

Options
lucasalvini
lucasalvini Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi all,

I ordered the Kontrol 88 MK3 a couple of months ago, and it's expected to ship around Dec 15th.

I want to take advantage of the Cyber Season discounts to upgrade the Komplete Select (included with my purchase of the MK3) to Komplete Standard, saving a good 100 euros.

But Cyber Season discounts on Komplete are ending before the controller will arrive.

Any chance I can buy an upgrade version and register it when the controller will be in my hands?

Any alternative suggestion?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@lucasalvini Yes you can buy the upgrade now, the only thing is that you won't be able to use it before registering the keyboard and the Kompete Select that comes with it.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,979 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

My guess is that it should not present any problem as long as that you buy the correct product , namely an UPGRADE as opposed to an update. But since I have not been able to locate any information at all about it and since it is just my guess then the best thing would be to confirm it with support. (If you go to the appropriate page, e.g. for komplete Standard, and then click the upgrade for Select or Kontakt then you will see that there is stated no limitation period for activation , it only states that : You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above! )

You have until December 13 , 2023 to buy so plenty of time to get an answer , we could try to ask @Jeremy_NI , but the standard answer is that you can not register the 'bundled' software (e.g. Komplete Select) before you have received the hardware. But since that is not really the question here , but merely if you can buy the upgrade during the sale and hold on to it until such time that you receive the keyboard (with the K14 Select license) and then add the already purchased upgrade at that time then I am afraid that beyond my guess we will have to ask someone N.I. to answer that with certainty , either Jeremy or support : https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

• lucasalvini
    Options

@PoorFellow, thank you for taking the time to write this, I really appreciate how much care you put into it.

My understanding is exactly the same.

Hope @Jeremy_NI can confirm this!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@lucasalvini Yes you can buy the upgrade now, the only thing is that you won't be able to use it before registering the keyboard and the Kompete Select that comes with it.

• lucasalvini
    Options

Thank you, @Jeremy_NI!