Kontakt 7.7 - How to rescan the default Content Location (and a subfolder within)?

Options
TORLEY
TORLEY Member Posts: 88 Helper
edited March 11 in Kontakt

I have an odd issue. I've seen it several times, this is the latest example.

I am looking for a button to rescan the default Content Location. Where is it?

I know I can delete a "Komplete.db3" file but that's not very user-friendly, and it takes awhile to run on the whole thing, instead of more specifically targeting "what's new".

• I have a folder called "Kontakt User Library" which is where my NI Access Kontakt downloads automatically go.
  • I registered a serial number for SonicCouture's The Attic 2, which places it so that the path is: Kontakt User Library/The Attic 2
  • The Attic 2 has add-on libraries, which come in folders that I put inside like this: Kontakt User Library/The Attic 2/Instruments/Hazel Mills-Harvest Shadows
  • When I restarted Kontakt, I saw all the 473 factory presets appear.
  • However, it did NOT include Hazel Mills-Harvest Shadows
  • I tried to add The Attic 2 folder again to Kontakt in the Import Content - Custom Libraries window, but it warns me: "Duplicate Paths - One or more of the selected folder paths have already been imported." It doesn't matter if "Import subfolders as individual libraries" is checked.
  • As a result, I see the add-on libraries inside of the OLD-style Kontakt Rack View, but not in the newer K7 search.
  • I also notice if I move The Attic 2 to a different folder that is NOT the default content location, like my desktop, I can rescan it and it shows ALL presets. But if I move it back, it doesn't recognize.

I expect that I could rescan both default and custom locations from the same or related place. So how do I force-rescan all of the default content location?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately there is no way to trigger a refresh of the database for the new fullscreen browser other than removing the Komplete.db3 file, currently.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,950 Guru
    Options

Maybe you should just go to the File Management and create a custom folder for your plugins.

I did that and it worked fine.

Or maybe you should reinstall the library and then use the File management.

I hope the issue will be solved.

• TORLEY
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Milos Can you clarify what you mean? I don't understand what you're referring to and how it helps.

• Milos
    Options

To create a custom folder on your desktop, then after that you can go to the File Management and change the folder to the custom one on the desktop you created

• TORLEY
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Milos Unfortunately that's similar to the "Komplete.db3" thing, it's a workaround and doesn't solve the root of this issue.

Is there really no simple button to rescan the default Content Location, as we can custom locations?

• Milos
    Options

Not sure.

Sorry

• EvilDragon
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately there is no way to trigger a refresh of the database for the new fullscreen browser other than removing the Komplete.db3 file, currently.

• TORLEY
    Options

@EvilDragon Thanks... does it seem an odd omission to you too, or how would you like to see this implemented? I think you originally taught me how to do this some Kontakt versions back.

It's just been getting repetitive and noticeable every time I add an expansion subfolder, kind of blunt force to have to rescan EVERYTHING. 🤣

• EvilDragon
    Options

Of course it is odd and I don't like it either! But it is what it is and we wait for a rescan option...

• Reber Clark
    Reber Clark Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I support this.

• WickedNinjaX
    WickedNinjaX Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

It's a shame there is not a few more people complaining about this.

I've just had to reinstall Windows and the NI apps. All my sample content for NI and other instruments is on another drive. However, the process to re-establish the connections with the existing NI library content is downright awful. For Native Access to correctly locate the library and acknowledge it is installed, you have to locate each individual library.

Come on dev team, this is a user experience 101 type of issue, and certainly not what you expect from an outfit such as NI.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,084 mod
    edited March 9
    Options

Your comment is totally unrelated to the topic above. The topic above is not about re-installation but is about the re-scan/re-initialization of the Kontakt database !

• WickedNinjaX
    WickedNinjaX Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@PoorFellow My observation from having to reinstall the application, and then trying to get it to import existing content from a specific location is totally related to the functionality that this thread complains about. The function that is being requested in this thread would be one and the same. A single button to rescan a location to update and/or refresh the app database. How can you not see the link between my comment and the thread?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,084 mod
    Options

You are totally missing the point here. The above is about answering a specific question.

Your answer is not contributing towards that goal and the whole idea of your post is to express you not being satisfied and giving feedback to N.I. . So what you in fact are doing is to hi-jack the thread by trying to turn it into a discussion about what you want.

I have nothing against you want to wish for something and as long as you are acting civil like you are doing here then I have nothing against you expressing if you are not satisfied with functionality of whatever N.I. software. It's understandable. But if you want to do that then please either open a thread of your own or find a discussion where the aim is not to solve a problem but more like giving feedback and expressing dis-satisfaction !

Further more then 'EvilDragon' who answers the question above is Kontakt expert and not only is he Moderator here but also a very busy person doing 'KONTAKT scripting and more' (You can read about it here).

I will be closing this thread since there is nothing more of value that you and I can add at this point in time !

This discussion has been closed.