Kontakt 7.7 - How to rescan the default Content Location (and a subfolder within)?
I have an odd issue. I've seen it several times, this is the latest example.
I am looking for a button to rescan the default Content Location. Where is it?
I know I can delete a "Komplete.db3" file but that's not very user-friendly, and it takes awhile to run on the whole thing, instead of more specifically targeting "what's new".
- I have a folder called "
Kontakt User Library" which is where my NI Access Kontakt downloads automatically go.
- I registered a serial number for SonicCouture's The Attic 2, which places it so that the path is:
Kontakt User Library/The Attic 2
- The Attic 2 has add-on libraries, which come in folders that I put inside like this:
Kontakt User Library/The Attic 2/Instruments/Hazel Mills-Harvest Shadows
- When I restarted Kontakt, I saw all the 473 factory presets appear.
- However, it did NOT include
Hazel Mills-Harvest Shadows
- I tried to add
The Attic 2folder again to Kontakt in the Import Content - Custom Libraries window, but it warns me: "Duplicate Paths - One or more of the selected folder paths have already been imported." It doesn't matter if "Import subfolders as individual libraries" is checked.
- As a result, I see the add-on libraries inside of the OLD-style Kontakt Rack View, but not in the newer K7 search.
- I also notice if I move The Attic 2 to a different folder that is NOT the default content location, like my desktop, I can rescan it and it shows ALL presets. But if I move it back, it doesn't recognize.
I expect that I could rescan both default and custom locations from the same or related place. So how do I force-rescan all of the default content location?
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 832 Hangout
- 77 NI News
- 403 Tech Talks
- 1.8K Native Access
- 8.4K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 3K Kontakt
- 712 Reaktor
- 246 Battery 4
- 481 Guitar Rig & FX
- 282 Massive X & Synths
- 497 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 3.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators