How does one save Controller Editor device preferences?

Options
rgrrbt
rgrrbt Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am using Windows 10 OS. In Controller Editor, File>Preferences, I select my controller, Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk1. Under the LEDs section, I use the sliders to adjust the On-State Brightness and Off-State Brightness. I then select the Start in Midi Mode box.

After each reboot, these preference settings have reverted to their default state. How does one save the preference settings for the Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk1 in Controller Editor? Is there a workaround in the registry editor to get these settings to save?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,070 mod
    Options

Hello,

in some cases on windows you have to start the controller editor with admin rights in order to have the settings after a restart. Just right click on the icon and select "start as administrator" then it should work.

• rgrrbt
    rgrrbt Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for the reply Uwe303. I have run the controller editor with administrative rights, and the settings for the LED brightness state does not save after restart. I am able to create custom templates and save them and export them successfully. However, I am not experiencing any success in saving the LED brightness preference. Any other workaround ideas?