Ongoing DAW freeze since 7.4, and an open letter to support/development

Options
2»

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Options

Unfortunately I don't own PT so I cannot troubleshoot it. I'm a Reaper user. :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@jordanstoner We'll take over then, if @EvilDragon can't troubleshoot further, please check your inbox.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

We found an issue when loading Output section presets that results in a hard crash. This may be unrelated to OP's issue, but the steps are:

1. Open Kontakt
    2. Load an instrument
    3. Load an Output section preset, use mono routing
    4. Play a note
    5. ???
    6. Crash!

This happens because while the output channel configuration is changed, the programs are not "reconnected" properly (meaning they are unaware of the change in the configuration).

However, I am not sure if this is a fix to OP's issue, because OP is experiencing a SWOD. This is a hard crash where Kontakt just poof vanishes (on Windows, I don't own a Mac). Still, it might be worth a shot to test a build with this fix on OP's machine (EDIT: Sent a test build to OP via DM).

• jordanstoner
    jordanstoner Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I've attempted to use the new fix, but unfortunately the AAX plugin build was not recognized as a valid plugin by Pro Tools on my Mac.

I've reverted back to 7.7.0 and am continuing to test / will send a problematic session file to Kontakt support.

It does sound like you're on the right track, @EvilDragon, as what you describe sounds like it might be in the same area of code as my issue. Looking forward to an updated build that will work with my Mac.