NI S88 MK3 Display brightness dropped instantly?!

Torsten 2023
Torsten 2023 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited 9:14AM in Komplete Kontrol

Dear who it may concerns,

after struggling with the firmware update for the MK3 (Windows User) for two days, now the next issue with this Keyboard. The display brightness and contrast dropped during the use and is now on an absolute desaster, as it is nearly not possible to see anything on this display. The Hardware settings have not been changed from my side and even turning the brightness controls to 100 do not bring back the display brightness. My question: Do any of you have the same effect? Can this be a firmware problem or is the display already broken after a week?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Torsten 2023
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI I bought it through a retailer, but the issue is solved already. I returned the S88 and got it replaced with a S61 + refund for the balance, as the lead time for new S88 controller would have been in January 2024!

The firmware update on my windows machine worked without any problem on the S61 at the first attempt.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,405 Expert

I hope for you that it’s not already broken.

But I would also not live on this hope…and not wait too much…until it’s still under guarantee, at the minimum sign of something even slightly similar to a defect, I would ask for it to be replaced

• Nilo_NI
    Nilo_NI Customer Care Posts: 23 mod

Hi Torsten,

can you reply to the support ticket you already had opened with some pictures so the team can see what the issue is? Thanks.

• Torsten 2023

Hi Nilo,

I tried to open a support ticket, but did not receive a ticket number after I canceled this support request. Anyway, what do you expect to see on this photo? The display is dark and you can´t brighten it up by using the controller knob. I thought it was a caused by unsufficient power supply, but it is running with USB C + USB Power Supply, and this is also not affecting the issue. So I suppose, that this is a product fault and I would return this item as soon as I can get instant replacement or money back. Meanwhile I work with my old Nektar LX88, that never let me down in the last 6 years.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@Torsten 2023 Sorry to get back on this issue so late after the issue. I think my colleague meant this ticket: 4084965, where you could have replied and mentioned your other issues. Do you still need help? Did you buy it through us or a retailer and did you already asked for a return?

• Torsten 2023
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI I bought it through a retailer, but the issue is solved already. I returned the S88 and got it replaced with a S61 + refund for the balance, as the lead time for new S88 controller would have been in January 2024!

The firmware update on my windows machine worked without any problem on the S61 at the first attempt.

• Jeremy_NI

@Torsten 2023 Thanks a lot for the update, glad that you have found a working solution and I hope you enjoy the new keyboard!

• Ralik
    Ralik Member Posts: 12 Member
    Hi,

I am having this EXACT same issue with my brand new Komplete Kontrol MK3 S49. I just purchased it in December and the screen started having problems in January.

I have created a customer support ticket. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps with them.

They said they would have the "Hardware Team" reach out to me. It has been a week with no contact.

I called Zzounds, which is where I made the purchase, and they said I would need to contact NI for my warranty.

You call the number which is 866-556-6487 and you get a static laced message telling you to call 323-870-8217. When you call that number you hear a loud screeching sound and it never gets picked up by anyone.

I spent a lot of money on this equipment and it shouldn't be malfunctioning like this. It's brand new.

I am BEYOND fed up with NI at this point and if you cannot give a sufficient answer to fix this problem, I want to get this replaced.

My ticket number is #4207118.

I need to hear back from someone by EOD of tomorrow, February 8th, 2024.

I am not a kid. I will go to small claims court over this issue and sue if needed.

Have someone reach out to me.
  • Jeremy_NI

@Ralik I've pinged my colleagues from the Hardware team, they should get back to you soon.

This discussion has been closed.