Maschine Plus Auto-Write not working

Options
SpencerTyler
SpencerTyler Member Posts: 37 Helper

Has anybody had issues with the auto-write feature with the touch sensitive knobs lately? I haven't turned it on in a while but I just tried it and it won't work for me. I tested the normal Auto button to make sure it worked and it did so there must be a bug within Settings>Hardware>Touch-Sensitive Knobs

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It still requires for Auto to be locked on with +Shift or by holding it, it always has, it's not a bug.

The only difference is with "Touch Auto-Write" ON touching the knob without rotating it records a flat modulation line overwriting any other data, while with it OFF you actually have to rotate the knob.

If you just touch/tap a knob with it ON it does create an modulation lane in case there isn't one already but only the Maschine's Transport is playing.

If it always recorded by just touch without the need to active "AUTO" it would be a impossible to change any knob parameter without constantly recording modulation, going back and forth to the prefs to turn it on/off wouldn't be practical.

Answers

• D-One
    Options

Haven't had nay issues with it.

Are you talking about Shift+Auto? What relation does that have with knob touch sensitivity? You have to turn them for Modulation to be recorded anyway.

• SpencerTyler
    edited November 2023
    Options

No, it does the same thing as shift+auto but just a little quicker. You're able to tap the top of the touch sensitive encoders to activate automation on the selected parameters without holding auto or pressing shift + auto. I tested it when I first got my M+ and it worked. Not a big deal but just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing that issue and make it known to whoever it may concern. I don't think many people know about that feature but it's in the manual. If you have a Maschine +, press Settings, go to Hardware, then you will see Touch-Sensitive Knobs Auto-Write with an On/Off toggle on the 7th encoder. If it's on, you should be able to just tap the knob and start recording automation without touching the Auto button.

• D-One
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It still requires for Auto to be locked on with +Shift or by holding it, it always has, it's not a bug.

The only difference is with "Touch Auto-Write" ON touching the knob without rotating it records a flat modulation line overwriting any other data, while with it OFF you actually have to rotate the knob.

If you just touch/tap a knob with it ON it does create an modulation lane in case there isn't one already but only the Maschine's Transport is playing.

If it always recorded by just touch without the need to active "AUTO" it would be a impossible to change any knob parameter without constantly recording modulation, going back and forth to the prefs to turn it on/off wouldn't be practical.

• SpencerTyler
    Options

Ok. My memory is failing me this time around so sorry about the confusion lol. I could have swore that I was activating automation by tapping the knobs in the past when it was on and de-activating automation by tapping again but I'm obviously wrong. The manual doesn't specifically say in the hardware settings section that you have to press shift+auto to use the auto-write feature so I perceived it wrong but I understand what you mean now. I didn't mean any harm by saying there must be a bug. I apologize if I came off the wrong way with that statement. Thanks for clearing that up D-One. I appreciate it.

• D-One
    Options

Not a problem at all my friend, glad to help out and I was not offended :)

I just checked the manual and it is indeed a bit confusing on that section