Maschine and Falcon 3.

Options
GeezerStray
GeezerStray Member Posts: 3 Member

Can anyone with Falcon 3 and Maschine on Windows 11 confirm if they can run more than one instance of Falcon 3 in Maschine at the same time ? For me the second instance causes both to Freeze and be unresponsive. UVI support say no one else has reported it. I can have multiple instances of Falcon 3 running fine in Ableton.

Tagged:

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 413 Guru
    Options

I've just tested this, and have no issue running nine instances without a problem.

I know this may sound basic - but have you tried a reinstall of Falcon 3?

• GeezerStray
    Options

Thanks for testing and confirming it's just an issue locally for my setup. Yes, I've tried a re-install more than once, and switched to opengl rendering (UVI support suggested this). The only other thing I can think of is my iLok (Pace) is at a more recent version than the one that it keeps trying to install with Falcon 3 (I have a slate digital pass). Saying that though, I have no issues running Falcon in anything else, it's just a Maschine issue I'm having. So the next thing to try would be a Maschine re-install, but as Maschine is fine with anything else it's not likely to help.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    edited October 2023
    Options

I just purchased Falcon 3 yesterday and only used it standalone so far. I tested this in Maschine and it seems I also have this issue. One instance is working fine, but as soon as I add another instance they all freeze. Deleting the second instance makes the first one working again.

I'm using Windows 10 and Falcon 3 VST3.

Edit: If a sound is loaded in Falcon already it will keep playing and even the volume level indicator in the plugin works. It just looks like it stops responding to mouse clicks.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

Ok, I found the problem: Falcon 3 has this 'Getting started' popup window on startup that for some reason is not visible when running it in Maschine. I disabled this popup (running Falcon in standalone mode) and now I can run multiple instances in Maschine without any issues.

Just disable this:

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

Good catch.

To OP: you could inform UVI about this if it’s working for you too. They could be interested

• GeezerStray
    Options

Yes! @Reefius , that worked for me too. Many thanks for tracking down the issue. Yep @LostInFoundation I'll let UVI know.