Unable to switch to mixer mode on Traktor X1 Mk3

Kuwar
Kuwar Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi ,

Traktor X1 MK3 not going to mixer mode

Hi, when I’m connecting the X1 to my laptop it just shows the orange light and is not shuffling between mixer and effects mode when I’m pressing the main button . Can anyone help me on how to switch modes ?

Previously it just showed the default mode as Mixer when I connected it, now the screen shows nothing. It does however go into midi mode when I press the main menu button and shift together.

Thanks

Answers

• Andy Lemaire
    Andy Lemaire Member Posts: 43 Member

Did you update the X1 MK3?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,398 Expert

Huh, that is weird. Might be a defect.

I would try to contact support.

There is also a beta with a new firmware for the x1.

Maybe that will help.

• Kuwar

Just bought the device a few days ago and was working fine for a couple of days, no new updates since i first installed the x1

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,398 Expert

Can you try with another cable? If the screens turn on with midi mode, it sounds like there is some form of connection issue between the device and traktor. Could be software, could be hardware.

• Kuwar

Hi ,

I just downloaded the beta version from the article you provided and it works just fine now .

Thank you :)

• Omar Luv
    Omar Luv Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 27

I am experiencing a similar set back this week. So weird because the device was working fine. All firmware is up to date. In addition, when I hit the shift and device set butting it goes into midi mode, it completely goes in limb mode, and the FX 1 FX2 and decks A and B are continuously flashing. I've emailed NI, but no response from them. I may claim a warranty replacement. Please help!

This discussion has been closed.