A61 Controller is not visible

Options
Waddy1
Waddy1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 12 in Komplete Kontrol

I‘m on a Mac Studio with Ventura .

i installed Komplete Kontrol 3

my A61 is only in simple MIDI mode ..but not as it should !

in the Komplete Software under View -Controller .. all controllers are „light-grey“ so I can‘t choose my (A) S61 !?

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Closing this thread as OP never got back. If you need assistance on a similar issue please look for another similar thread, create a new one or contact support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Closing this thread as OP never got back. If you have a similar issue please look for a similar post, create a new one or contact our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 948 Guru
    edited October 2023
    Options

I thought the only boards supported for KK3 (at this moment) are the new Kontrol Series MK3 (just released) and the older MKII series.

Happy to be wrong but I haven't found any info (yet) saying an A-61 is supported.

You may also want to check with NI to be certain - or maybe someone else with a A series board can chime in here.

VP

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,755 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

The A series came out after the S series Mk II keyboards so should be supported (NI have confirmed that in several threads as I recall). Obviously something is going wrong here but I think it’s important to recognise this should not be expected behaviour and work from that premise.

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

First question - maybe you need to update the firmware on your A series? I definitely have it working, although I only have an A25 but it's the same series so I see no reason why it should not work (in relation to the actual capabilities of this series at least)

• Waddy1
    Waddy1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Firmware says: latest

I thought the same , already checked .

• Kymeia
    Options

Yeah that’s the obvious thing. I’m on Sonoma but can’t see how that would make a difference.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Waddy1 Were you able to make it work? Have you checked this article? My KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard Does Not Start

• sevesp
    sevesp Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Similar problem here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I am in touch with Tech support, but so far nothing they are proposing is working. They sent my a firmware updater, but the updater does not seem to work. I have tried different versions of the updater, but I always get the same screen/result, so it doesn't seem to update the firmware.

I have tried on an old Mac with OS High Sierra. Same result.

Getting a bit concerned about the Komplete Kontrol A61 which i purchased recently. I though it would be working from first minute. I was wrong. Unless they provide a solution for the problem, I think I will return the keyboard and get a different brand and also would stop the subscription, which I am on trial ....

Companies do need to learn to take care of their customers .... We'll see if this is the case with NI.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@sevesp I've seen your comments in other threads too. You're still in contact with my colleagues, hopefullyy they find a solution to your issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Closing this thread as OP never got back. If you need assistance on a similar issue please look for another similar thread, create a new one or contact support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Closing this thread as OP never got back. If you have a similar issue please look for a similar post, create a new one or contact our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

This discussion has been closed.