Who else is enjoying thinning-out their music software?

Options
13»

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    Options

Another big benefit from my "thinning out" process has come to light recently...

I am more relaxed during the "BIG HOLIDAY SALE!" season.

With the smaller list of companies that I have narrowed down to, I find myself not obsessing if there is some great deal I'm missing out on.

I certainly still enjoy discounts and sales.. so I DO pay attention to the deals being offered by my curated companies and products lines. I WILL do some holiday buying from these sources.

But It just feels so good just not being interested anymore in all the other stuff...

MUCH less FOMO.

• nightjar
    Options

Just noticed how much overlap there is with presets in Kontakt Factory Library 2 and Retro Machines Mk 2.. and since the Kontakt Factory Library 2 is NKS2 ready, I uninstalled Retro Machines Mk2.

The newish Uninstall feature in Native Access made this easy.

Vintage Organs had lot of overlap with Kontakt Factory Library 2 as well.. so bye bye to Vintage Organs.

Getting rid of redundancy and old UI feels good.

• nightjar
    Options

Another exception to my "thinning out" process.

But this purchase falls in line with my desire to favor products that are NKS2 and are managed within Native Access.

Also, the purchase "maximized" my use of the $50 holiday voucher.

I just bought the new Desolate Guitars and Icon Bass.

Both products are NKS2.. and neither is part of my Komplete 14 Collectors Edition.

And Desolate Guitars is a smart pick because it will not likely be part of any future Komplete 15 Bundle since it is from an NKS partner instead of from NI itself.

And all the purchasing methods of NI worked quick and smooth. Licenses showed up for me automatically in Native Access within a few minutes after purchase.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 373 Guru
    Options

I recently had a hard drive failure that obliterated all my music production software, and rebuilding is gradual as I open projects and notice what's missing. I'm mostly only installing what I know I need for the moment, and it does feel a little lighter. I wish I'd had a choice about it though.