Maschine Ideas Mode Recording Skipping

Options
akso
akso Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Maschine

Hey,

Hope anyone can help me with the following.

I'm using Maschine MK2 for live sequencing in addition to my DJ setup. The Maschine is not following a clock but is beatmatched by ear. I use the ideas mode as it quickly allows me to record a melody that I finger drum on the pads. This is my preferred mode as I sometimes record a short stab for 1 bar or a lead for 4 bards and I don't have to think about the length of the pattern in the heat of the moment. As soon as I disable the record, the pattern automatically loops.

However, sometimes the loop doesn't start from the beginning but from a random measure. For example, say I record a 4-bar lead and I disable the recording to create the pattern. Then, instead of starting on 1.1, the loop sometimes starts on measure 2.3 or 3.1, or... It appears to be random. There are also cases when everything works as expected but the behaviour seems to be unpredictable.

Until now, I would press restart at the end of my sequence, which will set the pattern length without stopping the recording. In this case, the loop always starts on measure 1.1. I've had cases when this throws my timing a little, so that's why I would like to maybe find a better way to do it.

For reference, my play/rec grid is set to 1/16. I've tested with different grid values for the project, with and without 'retrigger' on.

Does anyone have any advice on what may be happening? Or what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Angel

Tagged:

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Not sure how that can happen tbh. Is your pattern leght option in the preferences set to 1?

Does your Scene/Section have a integer number length? (1,2,3,4 etc... and not say 4.x)?

Are you in Ideas View or Song? Maybe post a screenshot of the SW

• akso
    akso Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hey @D-One,

In 'Preferences -> Default -> Pattern', I have Length = 1:0:0 and 'Grow Pattern while Recording' ticked.

In the SW, I work in the Ideas View. My Scene doesn't have any length and the retrigger option is not ticked. My Pattern has a start 1:1:1 and Length: Auto

Next to the Scene in SW, I have 4/4.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!