How do I use my Arturia Microfreak to record midi notes using Maschine MK3?

Options
cad99th
cad99th Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have been researching all day on how to do this. Videos on the topic are lacking successfull steps toward setting up Microfreak on MK3. I followed the available steps and I managed to get visual cues in the form of flashing lights when I press a pad. No sound is being produced. Any new information would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ALDREAD
    ALDREAD Member Posts: 58 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

you could use setting up any midi instrument in maschine video

I’ll give you some steps , bare with me I’ve not use maschine for a while

maschine preferences/ midi , check the box for the midi input/output , whether it be usb or 5 pin midi connected to and interface

in the general settings , there’s a midi focus switch , when this is on , the selected trk gets a midi signal regardless of channel setting , this might be useful to you but leave it off for now

unsure if you want to trigger maschine with the micro or re the micro to the seq and have maschine play it back

select the maschine sound within the group , then select the input tab , go to midi and select the micro , or all input , then select the midi channel the micro is set to , you’ll need to find that out from the micro , check the manual

then go to the output , if you want maschine to trigger the micro , select the relevant output and channel

Answers

• ALDREAD
    ALDREAD Member Posts: 58 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

you could use setting up any midi instrument in maschine video

I’ll give you some steps , bare with me I’ve not use maschine for a while

maschine preferences/ midi , check the box for the midi input/output , whether it be usb or 5 pin midi connected to and interface

in the general settings , there’s a midi focus switch , when this is on , the selected trk gets a midi signal regardless of channel setting , this might be useful to you but leave it off for now

unsure if you want to trigger maschine with the micro or re the micro to the seq and have maschine play it back

select the maschine sound within the group , then select the input tab , go to midi and select the micro , or all input , then select the midi channel the micro is set to , you’ll need to find that out from the micro , check the manual

then go to the output , if you want maschine to trigger the micro , select the relevant output and channel

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,803 mod
    Options

Bear in mind Maschine does not record aftertouch so anything you play into it using the Microfreak is not going to play back the way it should sound

You would be better off routing it into a proper DAW

• cad99th
    cad99th Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks, I got it working now! It sounds terrible that way though. Routing in as an instrument though my audio interface is definitely the preferred method.