Can I route audio/instruments through Maschines Sampler Engines without recording into the sampler?

Options
ajb814
ajb814 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi there!

I love Maschine's sampler engines, I prefer them to other vintage sampler emulators on the market. However, I want to be able to use them like an effects plugin on my channels rather than having to record into the sampler to activate the engines. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The sampler engines are only available for the sampler module on playback, which is suited for small samples (one shots). You can choose between these sampler modes for any sound, not only the ones you recorded, you simply need to go in the edit mode of the sample.

There is no 100% equivalent for real time audio effect, maybe you can try the Lofi and Saturator Maschine FX to emulate.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I suppose it’s possible some of the bit reduction algorithms may have found their way into some of NIs fx? Crush maybe or Guitar Rig? Do you know what bit reduction process is used in Maschine’s sampler? Also does it do any other processing (saturation for example)? Or even some of the built in Maschine fx.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The sampler engines are only available for the sampler module on playback, which is suited for small samples (one shots). You can choose between these sampler modes for any sound, not only the ones you recorded, you simply need to go in the edit mode of the sample.

There is no 100% equivalent for real time audio effect, maybe you can try the Lofi and Saturator Maschine FX to emulate.