MK3 Workflow for a newbie?

Options
Salcedito
Salcedito Member Posts: 27 Member

Hi group, looking for some help since i just bought a MK3. So, in the MPC One i use live, I organize my sequences as if they were songs, where in every sequence i have different instruments depending on the song section. For example: inside sequence 1 i have a track for intro, one for verse and so on, with an instrument for each track

Im wondering what’s the corresponding way to do it in Maschine.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Tagged:

Comments

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 134 Pro
    Options

Typically, the various ‘song sections’ in the Maschine workflow are broken down by “Scenes”. Scenes are collections of patterns, and the different patterns within can be different instruments, or the same instruments but playing a different melody, etc.

• Salcedito
    Options

Thanks! And where are the Scenes in terms of Groups? Sorry if i sound like an ignorant, it’s because I am lol

• Schmapps1
    Options

Hmmm, “where are the scenes in terms of groups” is a pretty confusing question

a Scene can contain as many, or as few, groups as you like.

each group contains up to 16 sounds. You use those sounds to make patterns, that live within the group.

then, when you are creating scenes, you activate (or not) whichever patterns you like, from each group, for each scene

• Salcedito
    Options

So let’s say I need to perform 5 songs, would it be an equivalent of 5 scenes? Are the scenes independent in terms of tempos, like if i need one scene to be 110bpm and another 135bpm?

• Schmapps1
    edited August 2023
    Options

No, the scenes would typically be the different ‘parts’ of a song. (Intro, verse, chorus etc etc)

so you’d need to use a bunch of scenes for each complete song. Luckily, you can create unlimited amounts of scenes as needed.

You cannot make each scene a different tempo, tempo control in Maschine is only a global option. So you’d have to manually change the tempo with the 4d encoder dial when you want that to happen.

the whole hierarchy of sounds, patterns, groups and scenes sounds a lot more complicated to explain than it really is. I’d recommend going through some beginner tutorial videos on how to use Maschine, and you’ll get it pretty quickly

• Salcedito
    Options

Thanks for your help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Hey @Salcedito If you haven't checked this series of videos yet, give it a try: