Crackles/artifacts on Reverb (Legacy) effect?

Options
Rilkecat
Rilkecat Member Posts: 45 Helper

Hi friends!

Playing sustained notes on (Legacy) Reverb is triggering unwanted crackles. I have tried everything, and still there, but not in other Reverbs.

Anyone else experiences this?

I really love this fx's color but it makes it kinda unusable.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Hello,

no never had this issue, what is your audio interface, what driver and what setting do you use, you could try to increase the buffer.

• Rilkecat
    Rilkecat Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi Uwe, thanks for replying.

Unfortunately does not look like a performance problem. I usually handle big projects and everything goes fine. I also tried with maximum buffer size and still present.

This happens in a simply "Sampler + Reverb (Legacy)" setup. Also no problem with any other Reverbs.

** I upload the test project if anyone wants to check. Just sustaining a chord or a note for some seconds and Reverb starts with cracks, mainly on the left channel. **

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

i tried with a synth pad from absynth (absence note) + the legacy reverb and i can play the pad forever without crackling from the legacy reverb. But your example has some small crackles on the left as you´ve said. There seems to be a modulation going on repeating and causing the crackle - as you can clearly hear a rhythm coming on with the reverb. But on many occasions it works just fine.