Pedal Steel experiences

Options
SteelyDave
SteelyDave Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Tech Talks

Looking to purchase & use Pedal Steel VST in a Neil Young tribute band. Any users of this virtual instrument out there care to comment?

Comments

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 530 Pro
    Options

Which Pedal Steel VST are you looking at? I have the one from Impact Soundworks and it's very accurate with a LOT of great features that help in creating believable pedal steel riffs and fills. It's probably worth taking a look.

• SteelyDave
    Options

Thx, yes that’s the one (Impact Soundworks $180). Can you embellish on your keyboard skill level and how you mastered this instrument? Do you use it in live performances today?

• SteelyDave
    Options

is there anybody out there?

Who’s got stage experience playing this VST in a live environment?

just nod if you can hear me (and post a reply) 😎

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 457 Advisor
    Options

Not meaning to spoil the vsti party, but I always wanted a real pedal steel to play with.

• holymac
    holymac Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Is or has anyone out there had problems getting Impact Soundworks Pedal Steel to work in Kontakt 7? It shows that it's installed, but is not highlighted in the Kontakt 7 directory. (see attached). I've re-downloaded/installed this thing numerous times, but still get the same results. I put a support ticket in with Native Instruments, but of course no one's gotten back to me.

I was really looking forward to this product (surely paid enough for it), but I'm about to get my money back.

If anyone has an answer to solve this for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Tomasino Fiorini

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 457 Advisor
    Options

You might contact Impact Soundworks , they should have the latest version of Kontact. It could be they overlooked something.