Why doesn't Apple Magic Mouse work with all NI product controls and menus?

Options
AMD
AMD Member Posts: 59 Member
edited July 2023 in Komplete General

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know why Apple's Magic Mouse only works with some NI product controls and menus?

Is there any way I can get it to work with all of them?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I don't have George Dukes Soul Treasures installed but do have Pharlight and yes, you can't use the Magic Mouse touch surface to emulate a mouse wheel for Pharlight params but I think that is because it isn't setup to work with any mouse-wheel, it isn't a Magic Mouse specific issue. To test this I just hooked up a generic 2 button and mouse-wheel USB mouse and it had the same problem with Pharlight - controls only responded to click drag, not the mouse-wheel.

I guess you could post a FR for mouse-wheel support to be added to those products.

The only workaround I can think of would be to either use these instruments in Komplete Kontrol, which does respond to mouse-wheel, or map the params you want to control in some other host that supports user controls (eg Logic smart controls or Live's Macros) and do the same

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited July 2023
    Options

Which ones is yours not working with? I have a Magic Mouse and have not had problems

• AMD
    Options

Hi!

Several products. Two examples being

The menu in George Dukes Soul Treasures. I have to click and drag to scroll the menu. Sliding my finger on the mouse doesn’t do anything.

Any of the controls in Pharlight. I have to click and drag on them to move them. Sliding my finger on the mouse doesn’t work.

This happens in several different products, but not all of them. For example, in Battery, sliding my finger on the mouse will control anything I hover over, as I’d expect.

• Kymeia
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I don't have George Dukes Soul Treasures installed but do have Pharlight and yes, you can't use the Magic Mouse touch surface to emulate a mouse wheel for Pharlight params but I think that is because it isn't setup to work with any mouse-wheel, it isn't a Magic Mouse specific issue. To test this I just hooked up a generic 2 button and mouse-wheel USB mouse and it had the same problem with Pharlight - controls only responded to click drag, not the mouse-wheel.

I guess you could post a FR for mouse-wheel support to be added to those products.

The only workaround I can think of would be to either use these instruments in Komplete Kontrol, which does respond to mouse-wheel, or map the params you want to control in some other host that supports user controls (eg Logic smart controls or Live's Macros) and do the same

• AMD
    Options

Thanks very much for your help. At least o know it’s not specific to Magic Mouse or a problem at my end.

It seems baffling that Magic Mouse support wouldn’t be included with these products considering how many of us are running these instruments on macs and using magic mice.

The NI ecosystem should be consistent across the board, but it’s not, as many instruments parameters can be controlled using Magic Mouse.

How do I post a feedback request?

• Kymeia
    Options

Feature Request - just start a new discussion in the Kontakt forum and tag it 'Feature request'. I think you need to be asking for mouswheel support though, not Magic Mouse, as this affects more users than just those of us who have a Magic Mouse so will receive support more widely

• AMD
    Options

OK, will do.

Still find it very odd that we should have to ask for these things, but thanks for your help with this.