Trying to install komplete 10

Options
Scruffy1012
Scruffy1012 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Komplete General

Hello, I am trying to install Komplete 10 onto my computer, when doing so it says to remove the current Komplete 10 on my computer, when trying to remove it I get an error message saying the following "Windows cannot find 'C:\Programdata\{3EF9E9C0-98B4-43E9-97AF-E64D5043D0DD}\Komplete 10 ultimate Setup PC.exe'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I tried searching for the komplete 10 file and can't find anything, can you please help me with this issue

On native access it lets me download everything only but i don't want to download 100gig worth of stuff.

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,795 Expert
    Options

You have, probably, deleted/moved file(s) of previous install.... But information about SW installed is still in Win Registry.

I would recomend to use Native Access and download it using it. Anyway many plugins have been updated sice release of K10 and so you would have to download new version or at least a patch. I guess you would not save much download by installing from media.

Also you may open Support Ticket and ask NI for support. But you would have to delete certain items in Win registry, which may be potentially risky, if you do it wrongly.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,369 mod
    Options

Hello,

If you are very familiar with Windows registry and how to handle it, please do this:

• Open your Registry Editor and go to key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products". Look for a folder named "3EF9E9C0-98B4-43E9-97AF-E64D5043D0DD" and delete it.
    • Then go to key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall", look for the folder with the same name as above, and delete it as well.
    • Open Native Access and try again. Old info are gone, and you should be able to install your software.

If you are not familiar with Windows registry, then please do what Kubrak suggested.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,618 Expert
    Options

If you don't fancy digging in the registry to try fix issues, see this article which has a registry tool you can use to clean up any old NI registry keys to clean up an installation:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-