About new hardware.....

124»

Comments

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

What I believe is that iconic gear should be supported by defacto.

Pioneer cdjs, even though I don't like em and will never buy them, are iconic to dj culture therefore should be supported which they are now.

The rane twelves are iconic controllers and should of been supported from the beginning. Inmusic pretty much gave NI and rekordbox a hand out with the mk2 via hybrid mode (Yes the s9 was made with the rane 12 in mind because of it's use in Serato ). They are quasi supported now.

The rane one is an iconic controller which most software adopted except for rekordbox (for obvious reasons) and NI (for no apparent reason). This controller even works with djay pro on iOS.

NI doesn't have to support every controller out there but when iconic gear is released that reflects the roots of the dj art it should be supported by dj software. If you look at NI sponsored artists are they using Z2's and S4's? They are mostly using high end mixers with Traktor software along with Traktor add on controllers or they jumped ship.

• CelticKnight
    CelticKnight Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

... 4 YEARS since NI have released any new controllers, and have discontinued the S5, the one I was thinking of getting.

But after looking into it more? 4 years no new products? No new software releases?

What's going on? I like the idea of Stems & Remix Decks and I want to explore it.

Is it going to continue??

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

For the last year or so we got a new software release every 4'ish month.

Not much gets added, seems like its a single developer. But we get new software releases.

I like the idea of Stems & Remix Decks and I want to explore it.

Go right ahead. What is sopping you? You can get a used Traktor F1 for cheap if you need hardware.

Is it going to continue??

I doubt much will change.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 201 Advisor

Deep inside I keep a sliver of hope for Mk4, else better that I wouldn't count on it.

• CelticKnight
    CelticKnight Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Well looks like you've all convinced me! I'm going to lease a Traktor S4 Mk3 tomorrow. Going to lease it for 6 months and see if the work keeps up :).

If it does I will buy it outright. Oh. Getting an F1 with it too... because that thing looks super cool. (I also own Maschine, So I think I can convince it to work alongside that software, Despite no longer owning the controller itself. We shall see! haha. (Worse comes to worst, Guess I can always use Ableton Live... )

:) But yeah. Actually investing in DJing gear once again.. it's been a while!