Audio Routing Maschine as VST in Reaper

Options
Shinybeat1444
Shinybeat1444 Member Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2023 in Maschine

To whom it may concern,

I am aware that people have covered this in other groups partially, with different DAWs, but if anyone could give me a step-by-step how to to get it so that, after loading up a VST instance of Maschine, I could drum out a pattern at the part in the song I want there to appear a drum break and it would show up in Reaper as a wav file, that would be great.

I trust I'll cook it up properly internally in the VST to my satisfaction, don't need any more individual level control once it's in the Reaper project. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

i personally utilise 2 maschine Jams... which have been setup in midi controller mode using Realearn by Helgoboss, which makes looping and sending loops to separateFX tracks a button click...

Reaper is very versatile when used in conjunction with midi controller such as the Maschine Jam & Realearn!

I use Reaper as a hub for audio&FX processing & routing, the maschine plugin for midi loop creation and scene jumping(using midi change)

The example video above... is only using 1 maschine plugin instance, i have since modified the Reaper template to have control over 4 instances of Maschine... and controlling some aspects of Maschine using the host learn buttons(which can be seen in the video).

The SRD Smart control script in my current Reaper template is used to control Plugin controls across the same assigned midi controls on my hardware... effectively acting like a toggle for banks of midi plugins, depending on whats focussed

heres a demo of how SRD smart control quick and easy to assign plugins to the same physical midi touchstrips on my maschine jam with midi feedback etc

The maschine plugin is done in a similar way... only that you need to select the host learn buttons first for them to show up in the Reaper UI parameter box for single click assignment

Answers

• 6xes
    edited June 2023
    Options

i do the following for audio routing... Maschine Plugin to Reaper... it basically takes the groups/sounds of your choice, and route them to individual tracks as audio

This is achieved using the loopback audio routing... which is a setting found in the reaper.ini

loopback basically allows you to send channels across projects to which ever track to receive it into

• 6xes
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

i personally utilise 2 maschine Jams... which have been setup in midi controller mode using Realearn by Helgoboss, which makes looping and sending loops to separateFX tracks a button click...

Reaper is very versatile when used in conjunction with midi controller such as the Maschine Jam & Realearn!

I use Reaper as a hub for audio&FX processing & routing, the maschine plugin for midi loop creation and scene jumping(using midi change)

The example video above... is only using 1 maschine plugin instance, i have since modified the Reaper template to have control over 4 instances of Maschine... and controlling some aspects of Maschine using the host learn buttons(which can be seen in the video).

The SRD Smart control script in my current Reaper template is used to control Plugin controls across the same assigned midi controls on my hardware... effectively acting like a toggle for banks of midi plugins, depending on whats focussed

heres a demo of how SRD smart control quick and easy to assign plugins to the same physical midi touchstrips on my maschine jam with midi feedback etc

The maschine plugin is done in a similar way... only that you need to select the host learn buttons first for them to show up in the Reaper UI parameter box for single click assignment

• Shinybeat1444
    Shinybeat1444 Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Great so what I've learned is it's this complicated-looking for ANYONE if you're trying to do Maschine in Reaper. There's no iteration where I just put it in as a Midi instrument, play it, and I see it on a single track. I do want to experiment because I've seen people, with other DAWs, have a standalone instance of Maschine, doodle out a pattern, and drag and drop it into their DAW and maybe that might be more intuitive for me. What I do know now is, using it as a VST, it's either this way or the highway. So I'll try and learn it! Thank you guys.