I've never had a headache like trying to figure out how to use Kontakt.

Options
Fancy_Lebowski
Fancy_Lebowski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Kontakt

So first I bought the Stroh Violin and the Sospiro Violin instruments and then afterwards learned I needed to get Kontakt to actually use them. No biggie, I downloaded, I guess, the free version. I try working with those two instruments in Pro Tools and it kept saying DEMO even though I bought the instruments, and I kept getting an error saying it's a non-player instrument and I needed an upgrade. I didn't know what to do so I bought the full version of Kontakt. When i went to purchase it said my postal code and credit card # doesn't match, which doesn't make sense because I never had a problem with online purchases before. Wel, I didn't get the download, but Native Instruments got my money anyway, because I checked and the payment went though.

I don't know if it's my own stupidity or what but from customer support (Which seems non-existent) to the hassle of trying to figure out this program myself it all seems very user-unfriendly. I have no idea how to use Native Access and both Stroh and Sospiro are contained in this other program called Pulse, like ******? Plus, I'm down over $200. Can someone help me figure out what the deal is?

Honestly, I just wanted a violin plugin for Pro Tools.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Exactly like Pulse, Native Access is a download manager. You would have had to use NA to download Kontakt Player, so you do know how to use it.

If you purchased Kontakt Full, then log into NI using your account credentials, go to your account and locate the serial number for your product(s). Then go to NA, enter the serial, refresh and your DL should appear shortly. (The weekend may delay this until Monday tho...)

Answers

• Fancy_Lebowski
    Fancy_Lebowski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Stroh Violin and Sospiro Violin are still labeled as DEMO in the program, Native Instruments have my money, and I don't think I have my full version yet. What gives? Is it possible to get my money back?

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 288 Pro
    Options

Looks as though you need to instal Kontakt (not Kontakt Player, which is a freebie which runs libraries that have paid a fee to NI) to run your instruments.

If you've paid for it and haven't received it, I'm sure the NI guys on this forum can sort it out for you.

(Can't you, guys?)

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Exactly like Pulse, Native Access is a download manager. You would have had to use NA to download Kontakt Player, so you do know how to use it.

If you purchased Kontakt Full, then log into NI using your account credentials, go to your account and locate the serial number for your product(s). Then go to NA, enter the serial, refresh and your DL should appear shortly. (The weekend may delay this until Monday tho...)

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 997 Guru
    Options

As others have noted - you will need to first install those new libraries via Pulse THEN using Native Access - you will need to register the two serials and then "show" Native Access where the new libraries are on your hard drive.

Finally - and most importantly - you will need to use Native Access to locate and then install Kontakt 7 FULL - which will replace Player.

Once all these steps are complete - Stroh Violin and Sospiro Violin should be fully enabled (non-DEMO).

Cheers

VP

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi, just wanted to confirm that your payment for Kontakt 7 didn't go through. Feel free to make a new order and you're welcome to get back to our support team if you have any further questions.