NI said it will provide a key, so how does that work?

Options
MIDI Bear
MIDI Bear Member Posts: 18 Member

"Should Native Instruments for whatever reasons no longer be able to fulfil its obligations to deliver the activation key, it will provide the Licensee with a key which ensures the continued use of the software independent of changes of the computer."

OK, so how does NI provide the Licensee with a key? What is the procedure please?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

Good question

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Probably a question to directly ask NI

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,327 Expert
    Options

it will provide the Licensee with a key which ensures the continued use of the software independent of changes of the computer

Where do you read that? Please give us the source of your information. Thanks

• MIDI Bear
    Options
  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

Yes it’s in the Eula

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    Options

The whole scenario is purely theoretical, and it is probably written in order to cover possible legal issues (even if is for one case in a million). I don't think that Native Instruments will be ever unable to provide a simple license.

• Paule
    Options

In my opinion NI must write all in the Eula what theoretical useful is. Wether it's actual nor in the future realized.

• MIDI Bear
    Options

There is nothing theoretical about users actually being unable to activate the software unless Native Instruments provides the key as per the agreement.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Is this a curiosity or you have an issue? This is something you would have to ask NI about, but would likely take you some time to get a reply these days (if ever)

• Sunborn
    edited June 2023
    Options

Oh yes, it is absolutely theoretical!

Just show me one single person in the last 20 years that ever left without a license for more than few days, not just by NI but by any serious company. I doubt if you will ever find one single person who can claim this. So, i really don't understand what is the purpose of your post.

• MIDI Bear
    Options

It is a legitimate issue. The question is how does Native Instruments provide the key? In other words what is the procedure for acquiring the key when Native Access does not fulfil that first obligation? I am asking for the correct procedure here first in order to be as efficient as possible when I do contact Native Instruments.

• MIDI Bear
    Options

It is not theoretical when in reality people cannot activate software without the key. No one is talking about people who don't have a license, we are talking about the software activation key Native Instruments is obligated to provide as per the license people have paid for under the proviso that...

"Should Native Instruments for whatever reasons no longer be able to fulfil its obligations to deliver the activation key, it will provide the Licensee with a key which ensures the continued use of the software independent of changes of the computer."

Basically, Native Access does not fulfil this first obligation so Native Instruments must provide the key some other way and I am quite simply asking "how?"

The idea is to figure out the correct procedure prior to contacting Native Instruments in the interest of efficiency.

• Paule
    Options

NI probably has a legal department that can answer your question. We can only make assumptions.

• Sunborn
    Options

OK, lets use reason and facts.

Your question was "NI said it will provide a key, so how does that work?".

So, the answer is really simple!

• Step 1: You contact them concerning your problem/request
    • Step 2: They e-mail you a key.

Problem solved ...and they lived happily ever after.

The end 🙏

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,161 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

This is maybe from the older days where you have to get a key per computer and per product, for offline activation? But i also don't know for sure, it's just my guess. You entered, back then, your key in activation center (forgot even what it was really called) and got another one, that you've entered online got another one, that you've then entered in activation center and your product was activated.