Kontakt Instrument Sample Rate

Choo King
Choo King Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Kontakt

Is there any way to find the original bit rate used to encode the samples for VST instruments purchased from Native Instruments? The product manuals do not mention this. I found one website that said 48KHz is used by Native Instruments, but I have not found any official statement to verify this.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 354 Pro
    Answer ✓

AFAIK most of the instruments are scripted at 48k/24b.

If you question any particular sound snippet, you can always locate it in the library using your computer desktop tools and examine the file details.

• Rotomot
    Rotomot Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Answer ✓

In instruments where the Edit Mode (the wrench button) is available, you can check the sample rate of each sample in Wave Editor.

Most of the NI Kontakt instruments from recent years seem to be using 48 kHz sample rate. Wavetables seem to be mostly 44.1 kHz and some 88.2 kHz.

Some older NI instruments, like Retro Machines mkII, use 44.1 kHz sample rate.

Many Kontakt instruments use encrypted samples. In those cases you cannot check the sample rate by examining the files outside Kontakt.

Answers

• Choo King
    Choo King Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I meant sample rate.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 354 Pro
    Answer ✓

AFAIK most of the instruments are scripted at 48k/24b.

If you question any particular sound snippet, you can always locate it in the library using your computer desktop tools and examine the file details.

• Rotomot
    Rotomot Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Answer ✓

In instruments where the Edit Mode (the wrench button) is available, you can check the sample rate of each sample in Wave Editor.

Most of the NI Kontakt instruments from recent years seem to be using 48 kHz sample rate. Wavetables seem to be mostly 44.1 kHz and some 88.2 kHz.

Some older NI instruments, like Retro Machines mkII, use 44.1 kHz sample rate.

Many Kontakt instruments use encrypted samples. In those cases you cannot check the sample rate by examining the files outside Kontakt.