Does Anyone Use "Install All"?

lahatte
lahatte Member Posts: 93 Member

If so, how? Why? Do you really install all of your libraries in the same folder? I want mine split by manufacturer, but NA makes that more difficult than it should be.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,282 Expert
    Answer ✓

You can see the libraries split by manufacturers anyway in the program browsers.

If you really want them divided by manufacturer also in file explorer, you can always move them in the folders you want them later and use Native Access “relocate” functionality

I prefer to have them all in the same directory, knowing those will be the ones I bought from NI

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

You can see the libraries split by manufacturers anyway in the program browsers.

If you really want them divided by manufacturer also in file explorer, you can always move them in the folders you want them later and use Native Access “relocate” functionality

I prefer to have them all in the same directory, knowing those will be the ones I bought from NI

• lahatte

What if you buy one from Spitfire? 8Dio? etc... Do you want it mixed with your Native Instruments libraries?

• LostInFoundation

In the installation folder, yes. As I said, like this I know it has been installed from Native Access and in any case the browsers, where it’s needed, can list them divided by manufacturer.

Otherwise you can go in the manufacturer site and install them from there not using NA. I did it for the Output bundle I bought.

Out of curiosity: which Spitfire,8dio… libraries can you install through NA?

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited June 2023

I have a 2Tb NVMe dedicated to just libraries and anything/everything that loads in the NI environment lives in the same folder <NI libs>. For the sake of housekeeping, all my Spitfire, UVI, EW, & 3rd party libraries are there too. That makes it simple to back them up to my NAS.

And I know from long experience with NA that selecting more than one or two instrument (or maybe 4 FX) updates at a time is asking for potential problems, especially if there are ANY chances of a hiccup in the data transfer.

TETO

• lahatte

Indeed, 8Dio doesn't use NA. I forgot about that.

As for spitfire some of their libraries require registering in NA. Maybe they don't install via NA.

But, the point is that there are many libraries that do install via NA, and each manufacturer I put in their own folder. I have been trying currently to install Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark libraries.

NA makes installation error prone as I almost always forget that I have to FIRST go to an unseen setting and specify a download location rather than the typical way of installing things where you are asked when installing where to put them.