Repeated "Download Failed" with Native Access 3.4

Options
tikiwonder
tikiwonder Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm having a problem with not being able to upgrade any of my NI Libraries with Native Access 3.4. I've reinstalled it and even tried to use earlier versions (it always updates to 3.4 so that doesn't seem to be an option). Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

With upgrade I think you mean update, correct?

What’s the message you get? What kind of problem you have?

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Options

Hi @tikiwonder

Please provide us with a screenshot of the error you receive, as well as a screenshot of your installation preferences in Native Access, so that we're able to investigate.

• tikiwonder
    tikiwonder Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks Rich for getting back to me. Here are some screenshots. I'm assuming that the "Files" category is the only one in "Preferences" that would be useful to you. Just to let you know, I have the same problem with a new MOJO 2 instrument file as well as NI's Irish Harp.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

Sorry, I should have understood that “Download failed” was the message you get. You even put it in quotation marks 😂.

Have you ever changed the installation folders in File management? (Maybe after you installed those programs)

Does those programs state relocate or something similar?

Did you try to update them one by one or all together?

(sorry but in your screenshots almost nothing is readable)

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @tikiwonder

Thanks for the info.

In that case, it seems more like a connection issue. Your File locations look fine.

Please carry out the steps in this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017647557-Native-Access-Error-Waiting-for-connection-

The error message is different, but the behaviour is similar and I suspect comes from the same direction.

Please let us know the result.