Could we have Hotcues separate to normal cues please?

springreverb
springreverb Member Posts: 11 Member

I don't really understand why hotcues are the same as normal cues.

Because you want to setup normal cues for each track, beginning, breakdown, bassline etc

But then you also want to punch live hotcues and have them not get confused with normal cues.

Using the Kontrol x1 mk2 if I've made a few normal cues, there are none left for hotcues?

unless I've misunderstood something, I hope I have?

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,330 Expert

You could use the first 4 for hot cues and the cue 5 - 8 for your "normal" cues. That way you don't get confused.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 228 Pro

I’m about to change the game for you, mate.

Set a GRID MARKER where you want your non-Hotcue cuepoint to go. THEN, change the cue type from GRID to CUE, and you’ll get a Blue Cuepoint with NO NUMBER, that doesn’t take up a Hotcue slot!!! Leaving you with all of your 8 hotcues to use as you like.

I use ‘em tons.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

I learned that from you in DJTT forum years ago. There is also a setting in the preferences that needs to be checked in order for this to work if I remember correctly.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod
    edited June 2023

I tried this a long while ago, but if you don't use all 8 numbered hotcues on the same track it can happen (and did unpredictably) that Traktor assigns all the unused numbers introduced with this trick to the unnumbered hotcues, retroactively and in sequence. Just a warning that this may happen.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 228 Pro

You're right! You need to un-check "Store Grid Marker as Hotcue" in prefs.

Good spot, mate.