Sound of Expansion

Options
stanko
stanko Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi there,

Am I the only one who loves NI expansions, but hate the heavilly processed sound of especially drums sound? Synth sounds are of course all ok, but all high drums like snares and hats - they sound really bad in my opinion. Kicks are ok, low end in general is really good, but as soon as I start dialing in hats, snares, claps etc it hurts my ears. What do you think?

Regards from Frankfurt am Main

Stanko

Tagged:

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

Check in the sound level if they have fxs loaded after the sounds you don’t like. Or swap the ones that are not ok for you with some others and then save your personal version of the group.

Or you don’t like ANY of them?

• stanko
    Options

to be honest - i have complete ultimate 14, and every expansion got those ugly overprocesed very hard sounding high drums... they sounds as they have been compressed for maximal loudness, and this just hurts my ears... for example when I design hi hats in phase plant they sound sooo airy, so fine, but here in expansion just - well hard is best described... but it concerns only expansion, because for example reaktor prime block ets sound very nice... yes they sound digital, but thats their signature, at least they dont sound too compressed... also many battery kits sound totally ok... dont know, maybe i got to sensitive to those high freq as I am 51, who knows?

ah yes, I put away all fx on those individual sound and groups, they stil sounds ugly...

probagly going to make own library for those high drums as it seems...

regards

stanko

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

Quite strange…Battery kits are exactly the same sounds just used in Battery…

• stanko
    Options

No no, the expansion kits sounds the same, but the old ones in battery sounds in my opinion much better, less proccesed etc, thats what I meant.

Think going to use then battery kits for high drums as it seems :)