Display Kontrol S4 MK3 no display refresh

Options
Fredstudio
Fredstudio Member Posts: 12 Member

I just bought an S4 Mk3 from Native Instruments, it's B-stock on their Reverb store, so practically new, arrived very well refurbished with license.

My problem concerns the display, it does not display the tracks and the information that goes with it.

On the photo what I have at startup and which remains in this state even with a loaded track

I followed all the recommendations concerning this kind of bug encountered by other users among others:

Verification of the different drivers installed by windows 10

Another thing that I did was when I started the Kontrol S4 Mk3 for the first time, I updated the firmware to the latest version 0.6. I got a message on startup asking me to update

I did the test on 2 different computers a recent and powerful laptop

And another pc a little less powerful but still on W10 and up to date

I also installed the latest version of Traktor 3.9.090 it just came out sometimes it could work in my favor

I even forced traktor in administrator mode (I read that some user had solved this problem by doing so)

Nothing helps

If I unplug the USB cable once Traktor has started, there is the track that appears and the display shows the info and after a few seconds freezes then more information is updated when the tracks change

If not at startup the screen does not display anything as if there was no track in the player and when I load a track into a player it remains in this state.

I also installed the asio driver which is installed as an option, even if it only concerns the audio and sound card section, it does not change and the fault persists.

Comments

• Fredstudio
    edited June 2023
    Options

When I have the display running for a few tens of seconds everything is ok, the name of the track is displayed the time counts down the waveform is displayed and the cursor moves the loop is in green if active and its duration is at the chosen value and changes if I modify it as long as it does not freeze.

When I have the display running for a few tens of seconds everything is ok, the name of the track is displayed the time counts down the waveform is displayed and the cursor moves the loop is in green if active and its duration is at the chosen value and changes if I modify it as long as it does not freeze

• Fredstudio
    edited June 2023
    Options

If you have any ideas for solving this problem, I'm all ears.

Or is it that the controller is faulty?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,583 admin
    Options

Could be that the controller is faulty. I see that you've returned the controller back to NI already.